Increase font size
Topic Title: 2560x1600 Monitor res
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/10/2005 10:30 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/10/2005 10:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Stacked

Hi all,

I am currently in the market for a new monitor, and am looking at Apple's 30" Cinema HD panel. It's a super expensive bit of kit (comes in at like £2000+) but I spend a lot of time using my PC for both work and a bit of gaming, and frankly my eyes are worth considerably more to me than the cost of this panel.

So anyways, before I consider such a purchase I want to know what other kit I am gonna need to get this beast up and running at it's native resolution of 2560x1600.

I have, up to this point, always run desktops rather than workstations, my current rig being a A64 / PCIe / X850XT setup. However IIRC the X850's only support res up to 2048x1536, quite a way off this panel's native.

Can anyone tell me what I would have to add to my current rig to fully utilise this? Some suggestions for GFX cards would be handy, or just some plain old general advice on the subject of large panels n GFX cards.

Cheers ppl

-------------------------
I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was just some b'stard with a torch bringing me more work ...
 05/10/2005 01:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Tamerz
Elite

Some of the ATI FireGL cards will do that. Along with 3Dlabs cards. I don't know if 3Dlabs has PCI-Express cards yet though.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information