Increase font size
Topic Title: K8T Master2-FAR
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/12/2005 04:24 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/12/2005 04:24 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
phatdumi

Hi all
I have a problem that am dying to solve, bought the above mentioned mobo and two opterons 246 which came with kingston RAM id no KVR333X72RC25/512D 2.5 which is REG mem.
I have since discovered that this is not compartible with this mobo. I ordered two 512Mb Micron cant remember part number but these were confirmed by someone at crucial memory to be compatible with the mobo. The memory arrived installed it and the system fired up, but when I went into BIOS to change settings so that the system boots from CD-ROM the system just blanked and never rebooted. So I reset the BIOS via jumpers, system booted but did the same when the BIOS setting changed only the next time around it started giving beep codes that it gives me when the Kingston memory is installed so am thinking there is a compatibility issue again.
To cut the whole story shot, can anyone give or get me a comprehensive list of compatible memory for this board coz I am not getting any feed back from MSI.

Thanking you all in advance. /cool.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='cool.gif' />
 11/12/2005 04:30 PM

Author Icon
sgie87
Case Modder

you have updated to the latest bios version?

-------------------------
*IRC chatroom #freedom on irc.globalgamers.net server is a great place to hang out online.PM me for more info.*
 11/13/2005 08:19 AM

Author Icon
phatdumi

QUOTE(sgie87 @ Nov 12 2005, 10:30 PM)you have updated to the latest bios version?
[right][snapback]544501[/snapback][/right]

Yep. Got a new chip ordered through some guys dealing with BIOS chips. They asked me to include a link where they could get a the upgrade, so I assume it is the up to date version I have, Infact I have tried both the original and new Bios the problem seems to be the same. Could not flash as the system will not bootup
Cheers /blink.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='blink.gif' />
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information