Increase font size
Topic Title: Box to run Programming environment and Adobe PS
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/29/2005 09:36 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/29/2005 09:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
PaoloTCS

Hello World!

My present PC Dell Precision 530 is bogging down a bit (pun??). I am looking for recommendations for a Personal Computer (one that is made for me). My main uses are 1. Visual Studio.Net programming, 2 SQL Programming, 3 Adobe Photoshop. I never play games on my computer (I play chess online, but that does not count...). I rarely have many apps open at the same time, if I do, it might be Outlook and Adobe Photoshop CS (Editing a file that can be around 62 Megs).

I was considering a 64 bit system because it seems logical to have more addressable memory. I would like to have from 2 to 4 gigs of RAM. The only reason for a dual core would be to experiment with the actual coding, etc... .

I was looking at 3700 and 3800 chips, and still do not really see what the difference is, except for small clock speed differences, and a chunk of cash.

I would appreciate help in building my Personal Computer for the tasks described, including, but not limited to what CPU, Motherboard, etc... . Here I am also concerned about drivers, etc...

One main reason for AMD over INTC here is that I need a fairly quiet computer.
TIA,

Paolo
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information