Increase font size
Topic Title: MSI Master2 FAR
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/29/2005 02:28 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/29/2005 02:28 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
phatdumi

Hi

Need some advice.

I am thinking of watercooling my setup which will include two opterons 246 on a K8T master2 FAR mobo. I have looked into the retention system for the board and it does not have the normal AMD retention system but instead is fitted with P4 style mechanisim.

Now I have close to zero knowledge about water cooling, I have done some research but it is still all mambo jumbo to me. Too many gadgets available and too many sites on the net saying too many different things.

I need a system that will cool my system at minimal noise level coz there is gonna be a lot of audio recording through microphones "will have to be the same room due to luck of space" and at the same time retaining an acceptable level of tempareture due to the demand that VSTs have on processors, I expect they take up a lot of processor cycles.

I looked at themalakes's BIGWATER system but don't know whether it would support two processors also looked at the EVERCOOL WC-202 but wondered wheather it was powerfull enough to cool the opterons.

At the same time I am watching how much I spend due to limitations in the finance dept. My option will have to be EBAY or some other source that functions like EBAY so suggestions on that will be appriciated a million times over.

So thats my dilemma for now. And anybody looking for an Opteron 840 OEM feel free to contact me and we can trade, Just reply to this post and I will be in touch.

Looking forward to your suggestions /blink.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='blink.gif' />
 08/08/2005 09:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
technic58
Minister of Spare Parts

1st of all, u get wat u pay for, and the thermaltake bigwater si cheap. take that however u want /tongue.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='tongue.gif' />

next, i understand that u want to go watercooling because of noise reasons, but there are some dang near silent air cooling solutions also. theyll b quieter then your case fans.

mayb take a look at arctic coolings silencer 64, or something along those lines.

forgive me if i stated anything not really true....i dont hav much experience with servers /blush.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='blush.gif' />

-------------------------
My GT430 Is Folding For AMD Team 34106
FOR A GOOD CAUSE---Accepting Donations of New, Used, Working, Nonworking PC Components
Thanks to KLEETUS for his generous donation of components!!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information