Increase font size
Topic Title: Want to build a web server
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/24/2006 08:31 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/24/2006 08:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
FraverZZMX

Hi im a first year CCNT student at a vocational school. I was thinking of building and running my own server to put some webpages ive made on the net. Along with maybee some of my friends. But i was wondering what parts to stick in it. Ive built my own pc along with a friends but im not sure about web servers.
 05/10/2006 01:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JAYC

quote:

Originally posted by: FraverZZMX
Hi im a first year CCNT student at a vocational school. I was thinking of building and running my own server to put some webpages ive made on the net. Along with maybee some of my friends. But i was wondering what parts to stick in it. Ive built my own pc along with a friends but im not sure about web servers.

you may want to try to use at leats 2 hard drives - need to mirror them so in case one Hd fails the other one has all the data backed up. a dual core 939 socket AMD Opteron board is a very good entry server and will fit in a standard desktop case (make sure the case has a decent fan and is at least 350-400watts). a board you can look at for reference is http://www.supermicro.com/Aplu...boar...0/H8SSL-R10.cfm
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information