Increase font size
Topic Title: Help please: Overclocking 4400+ / GA-K8N Pro-SLI
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/24/2009 06:20 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/24/2009 06:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JeremyWW

Hi,

Hoping for some expert help here:

I have the above CPU / MOBO with 2 Gb RAM + NVidia GeForce 6600 GPU. I've had the system a while now, recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate (32 Bit), and I'd like to try squeezing a bit more out of it before I consider upgrading anything. I've also upped the BIOS to F10D from the Gigabyte website.

I've taken a look at EasyTune and hate it - it seems this MOBO isn't CIA compatible anyway so I'm not going to be able to 'cheat' at overclocking. I have tried to research this but it's hard to make a start as overclocking seems to be a bit of a 'fine art'. I feel a bit like like a youngster at play school holding an artists brush for the first time, so I'd appreciate someone helping me to 'paint by numbers' to start with - then I can learn from there.

Is there a chance that someone out there can recommend a good combo of settings for the MIT settings in BIOS, that doesn't just involve upping the CPU frequency? I don't mind experimenting but I don't want to use a combination of settings to begin with that is just plain wrong. Obviously I'd like to see some effect but I don't want to screw anything up or overheat anything! Incidentally I am running CoreTemp, so I can see how my CPU is performing on the desktop.

Many Thanks - hopefully!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information