AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: My new computer room/office
Topic Summary: .....what I've been up to lately....
Created On: 12/14/2009 09:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/14/2009 09:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

With the twins on the way I had to move my computer and all of its sorted "stuff" outa the family room and into my son's old bedroom.....don't worry he still has a room...LOL!!

I had to move all of his old bedroom furniture out of there and into storage at my in-law's place (had help thankfully). Then paint his old room, shampoo the carpet....and then move all of my computer stuff upstairs....didn't have help with all of this.....oh my aching back!!!!! Anyway....here is the final product!!

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 12/14/2009 09:35 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

No guns locker ?

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
 12/14/2009 09:38 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Got a .45 and that stays under the bed!...LOL...easy access in times of need!

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 12/14/2009 09:41 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

Anyway...didn't you thought to deploy your monitor 90dgr anti-clockwise ? What's the room orientation (S-E or what) ?

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
 12/14/2009 09:47 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Originally posted by: Overmind

Anyway...didn't you thought to deploy your monitor 90dgr anti-clockwise ? What's the room orientation (S-E or what) ?

??

12/14/2009 09:51 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

I mean your monitor on the office where your vent is.
And where's the room exit ?

12/14/2009 10:31 AM

Author Icon
dimwit13
Code Warrior

Originally posted by: BuckShot3280
Got a .45 and that stays under the bed!...LOL...easy access in times of need!

got me a MACHETE-for that personal touch, and a 12g shotgun-for get out i want to go back to sleep-lol

-dimwit-

room looks nice!!!

i have to wait until my kids move out before i get my own room (they are 17 and 19) so i dont have to wait that long.

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
 12/14/2009 10:31 AM

Author Icon
pritamsingh98

its nice ...................

http://thenetinfo.com/stats/amd.com --> Amd.com Estimated Worth $544.7 Thousand USD
 12/14/2009 10:39 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

I mean your monitor on the office where your vent is.

And where's the room exit ?

I am standing at the room entrance when I took the photo.

I can't have my back to the door...LOL....was in the Army, and was in Operation Iraqi Freedom.....I have to see my surroundings, so I can't place my monitors there......it's a veteran thing. *shrugs shoulders*

12/14/2009 10:50 AM

Author Icon
dimwit13
Code Warrior

OM, you didnt say "ANTI-CLOCKWISE"-LMFAO

isnt it "COUNTER-CLOCKWISE"?

-dimwit-

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
 12/14/2009 11:39 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

I'm not understanding what he means by the monitor placement....anti/counter-clockwise at all.....do you mean because of the glare from the window?? If so, I have a fix for that coming this weekend....LOL....but it doesn't bother me anyway.....used to it from my 50" plasma tv....that thing glares like nobodies business.....LOL

12/14/2009 12:09 PM

Author Icon
NemesisChild
ROGue Warrior

Looks like a great setup BuckShot, will this be the final move?

Talking about guns, I own a small arsenal myself, you can never have enough protection!!!

Phenom II X6 1100T B.E.@ 4.26GHz
Corsair H70 Core Hydro
ASUS Crosshair V Formula
2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1894MHz, 9-10-9-28
SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Corsair HX850W Modular
Cooler Master HAF 922
2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)
 12/14/2009 01:27 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

I hope so....I have moved too many times in my life...can't stand doing it anymore...LOL....even when moving stuff around in the same house like I did this weekend....LOL

I completely understand....protection is key!!

12/14/2009 02:03 PM

Author Icon
JC
Elite

Very nice my friend!! Your a busy man!!

Nice to see someone as organized as me out there!! Can't stand clutter!

12/15/2009 02:09 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

I can't have my back to the door...LOL....was in the Army, and was in Operation Iraqi Freedom.....I have to see my surroundings, so I can't place my monitors there......it's a veteran thing. *shrugs shoulders*

That's why I was asking. I had the impression your door is on the left wall (from the current picture position) which would of made the positioning a tactically wrong one.
If it's at the back wall, it's fine as it is.

.do you mean because of the glare from the window?? If so, I have a fix for that coming this weekend....LOL....but it doesn't bother me anyway.....used to it from my 50" plasma tv....that thing glares like nobodies business.....LOL

That too.
But that can be fixed easy enough.

Edited: 12/15/2009 at 02:15 AM by Overmind
 12/15/2009 09:23 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

LOL.....you and I have a lot in common....tactile positioning....very important to have your exit strategy mapped out at all times! Heck, I can't eat at a restaurant unless my back is to a solid wall....drives my wife nuts but I have to have it that way or I am extremely uncomfortable.....can't stand fireworks either....they make me very jittery.....I do a lot of duck and covering on the 4th of July and New Years Eve...LOL

12/15/2009 09:57 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

Yeah...I always correctly position at a restaurant ... and the fireworks...it's more interesting to look at the drones looking at fireworks... they all look like they're mind-controlled or something (did you ever noticed that ?).
And I always auto-map all the exits from any public place just by looking at the whole area while approaching it.

Anyway...better to be a little (more) paranoid about such things then (very) sorry.

12/16/2009 01:15 PM

Author Icon
MU_Engineer
Dr. Mu

Originally posted by: NemesisChild

Looks like a great setup BuckShot, will this be the final move?

Yes, that looks like an excellent setup. It sure beats my rat's nest of cables and mismatched parts sitting on a decrepit $30 Wal-Mart special desk. I should show you all what it looks like, particularly some my junkyard folding/encoding/distcc-compile cluster. I can guarantee you that my old broken, screenless laptop shoved in an old ATX case to keep its loose parts from spilling onto the floor isn't going to win the AMD Forums Rig of the Month, that's for sure.

Talking about guns, I own a small arsenal myself, you can never have enough protection!!!

You also can't have enough deer rifles, bird guns, or target guns, either. A lot of people had the "protection" mindset here recently as almost anything firearms-related was in pretty short supply during the past 11 months or so. Firearms, ammunition, magazines- you name it, it was hard to get. I'm glad that my dad and I picked up our half-dozen cases of 7 1/2s and 8s before then so we didn't run out! If we did, I think the dogs would die of depression as they'd think a life without bird hunting is a life not worth living.

On a side note, you guys that keep guns under the bed- don't, especially if you have kids. Keep them locked up and unloaded so the kids don't get into them and shoot themselves or others. It does happen with some regularity and it's not fun to see.

12/16/2009 01:34 PM

Author Icon
PC-GURU -
Lurker

Decent mans cave there chief.

Buck, hows wife and kids man?

you holding up alright ?

AMD phenom II 1090T @ 4.23 Ghz custom water cooled
Asrock 890 FX deluxe 3 mother board
4 GB DDR 3 1600 @ 1688 Mhz 7 7 7 24 T1 2688 Mhz NB
2x 1 TB WD Sata III 64 mb cache HDD,s raid 0
2x 5870 HD @ 1015/1300 Asus reference
Dual OS win 7 x64 ultimate & win 7 x32 Ultimate (bench os)

Edited: 12/16/2009 at 03:49 PM by PC-GURU -
 12/16/2009 04:26 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Originally posted by: MU_Engineer
On a side note, you guys that keep guns under the bed- don't, especially if you have kids. Keep them locked up and unloaded so the kids don't get into them and shoot themselves or others. It does happen with some regularity and it's not fun to see.

No worries the safe is double locked and bolted to the floor and under the bed. This particular pistol also has an added safety feature that allows you to lock the firing pin inside the slide so even if the safety is off you cannot fire it.....tried several times at the range to get it to fire....no go!!

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information