AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What's the Best 3D program to plan out case mods???
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/30/2011 03:44 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/30/2011 03:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
airboren

Hi everybody,

Sorry if this is a topic that has been discussed to death, I performed a couple searches of the forums all to no avail so figured I would just start a new post.

I'm just wondering what a good software to plan out case mods is? Is something like Autocad 2007/2010 sufficient or do people like using more robust 3D rendering software???

I've seen a few mods where people have a 3D mock up of their case mods and thought it was a great idea, but I couldn't figure out just what they were using.

Anyways, Thanks for the input!
 05/31/2011 06:19 PM

Author Icon
airboren

So does everyone think that it's a waste of time to design mockups in 3D rendering programs?

I dunno, I think that for those of us that are a little strapped for cash it's a nice way to test things out, obviously color coordination isn't going to yield great results, but designing water cooling setups or fan arrangements will definitely benefit from some designing.

For example, the 3D mockup that jj_sky5000 made for his k320 ice series case is awsome (check it out k320 ice series mod)
 05/31/2011 06:52 PM

Author Icon
airboren

well in case anyone is actually interested I think i have found a pretty awesome site that displays countless mockups that a guy has done reallly impressive: check it out here

BTW: the program this guy uses is called: 'Google sketchUp'
I think it's the program that Google used to design and help implement google earth.
 05/31/2011 08:18 PM

Author Icon
airboren

seems like solidworks is popular and an industry standard
some like: Inventor though AutoDESK (but its pricey)
here's a nice article/tutorial for sketchup: here
 08/04/2011 06:33 AM

Author Icon
pedroleistra88
Lurker

Thanks a lot for the tutorial link dude. I was searching for such kind of an introduction to Autocad. It really helped me.

EDIT: im giving you the benefit of the doubt. please read the forum rules and guidelines here. if you continue to post advertising links you may be banned.

Thanks
A.M.

-------------------------
NO advertising. Do not use this site as a redirector or gateway to another site for the purpose of collecting click income or advertising.

Edited: 08/17/2011 at 03:12 AM by AMD Processors Moderator
 08/18/2011 10:32 PM

Author Icon
MU_Engineer
Dr. Mu

Originally posted by: airboren

So does everyone think that it's a waste of time to design mockups in 3D rendering programs?

I dunno, I think that for those of us that are a little strapped for cash it's a nice way to test things out, obviously color coordination isn't going to yield great results, but designing water cooling setups or fan arrangements will definitely benefit from some designing.

For example, the 3D mockup that jj_sky5000 made for his k320 ice series case is awsome (check it out k320 ice series mod)

I don't do 3D mockups of things because that would require a 3D CAD program, and they are all expensive. It would be neat to do if you had the programs, but SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and Revit are pricey pieces of software. I do a lot of drawings simply on graph paper using a pencil and ruler, just like I learned how to in drafting class. The typical 3-view and perspective drawings are usually enough for me to see how something looks. I have drafted stuff using the free version of QCAD, a 2D CAD tool that is similar to a fairly basic version of AutoCAD run in 2D mode. I've also done perspective drawings in OpenOffice.org Draw, a vector drawing program. But mostly I pull out the graph paper and ruler for sketching, it's easier.

02/17/2012 07:04 PM

Author Icon
flyboyovyick2k9
Lurker

Google SketchUp

[url=http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2254462][/url]
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information