AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: artic silver epoxy to heatplate?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/12/2004 01:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/12/2004 01:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
cubadew

Ok, heres my situation. I breathed some life into my old presario 1235 laptop with a k6-III+ 450 ATZ which has a voltage of 1.6... However my board will only drop to 1.8. It runs fine for a while, but then has errors and locks. I can only assume this is temperature based problems due to the voltage overclock.

so... my question is: Since there are no mounting points for a heatsink/fan, can I use artic silver epoxy to secure a heatsink/fan unit to the processor heatplate? this has to be more efficient than the current pressure based heat pad and block of aluminum that spreads the heat across the keyboard above it.

I figure the heatplate will be solid enough to keep the torque off the dye, but still close enough to improve my thermal dissipation ability.

Any thoughts on this would be welcome.

and... does anyone have any good fan/heatsink combos in mind? I have been looking at vga units because of size considerations but I dont know how effecient that will be.

thanks
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information