Increase font size
Topic Title: need bios setting for amd cpu
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/09/2005 03:40 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/09/2005 03:40 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Prometheus

I'm a "shadetree tech" and I sure would appreciate a little help. I bought a used pc, reset the cmos, and now I need the settings info for my cpu because the Gigabyte mobo is on the default settings (lowest). I downloaded the amd cpuid program but I cannot find any info on how to use the results to id the cpu and get the proper settings. It would be nice to overclock it also. I believe the cpu is an Athlon XP 2500+. I would be extremely grateful if someone could offer me some advise, thanks.
 10/09/2005 04:31 AM

Author Icon
bvchurch

QUOTE(Prometheus @ Oct 9 2005, 12:40 AM)I'm a "shadetree tech" and I sure would appreciate a little help. I bought a used pc, reset the cmos, and now I need the settings info for my cpu because the Gigabyte mobo is on the default settings (lowest). I downloaded the amd cpuid program but I cannot find any info on how to use the results to id the cpu and get the proper settings. It would be nice to overclock it also. I believe the cpu is an Athlon XP 2500+. I would be extremely grateful if someone could offer me some advise, thanks.
[right][snapback]519300[/snapback][/right]

First, which Gigaybte motherboard is it, model number I mean. It would be something like GA-7VAXP, or GA-7Nultra or whatever. Most gigabyte mobos, including my socket a mobo have auto find for the cpu.

Second, you need to make sure you have an Athlon XP 2500, two ways to do this, 1 is software, cpu-z free from Cpu id, that should tell you what it really is,or second way would be to possibly look at the CPU die (processor die), but thats most likely not possible. Try cpuz, and go ahead and pm me with the results.

Have a good day.
 10/09/2005 06:16 AM

Author Icon
Prometheus

CPU-Z Results

******** CPU

Name: AMD Athlon XP

Code name: Barton

Package: Socket A

Technology: .13 u

Voltage: 1.680 v

Specification: AMD Athlon™

Family: 6

Ext.Family: 7

Model: A

Ext.Model: A

Stepping: 0

Instructions: MMX(+),3DNow!(+),SSE

******** CLOCKS

Core Speed: 1102.5 MHz

Multiplier: x 11.0

FSB: 100.2 MHz

Bus Speed: 200.5 MHz

******** Cache

L1 Data: 64 KBytes

L1 Code: 64 KBytes

Level 2: 512 KBytes
 10/09/2005 07:45 AM

Author Icon
Prometheus

my problem is solved, thank you all.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information