Increase font size
Topic Title: Recommendation
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/10/2005 10:57 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/10/2005 10:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zincschumacher

Well, I just finish my re-applying heatsink compound:

(from CM's Premium Silicon compound to Artic Silver 5 (grayish one, right? I think there are too many fake products of good stuff, but the one I am now using is fine, I have futher 3 degree reduction on my chipset nForce3 Ultra, A64 3500+ and also the GFX GF 6800GT))

For this time, I have remove the chipset heatsink and discovered nothing is sticking on the chipset, so I do not need to clean it.
But what sticked on the bottom of the heatsink is a thermal pad (not too sticky to the chipset). I removed it, it is soft soild and seems have metal component. Then I apply the Artic Silver 5 on the chipset and re-install the heatsink. (ideal old temp: 40, ideal new temp: 37) (when I do gaming, it rise over 43C for the old time and over the red line which read from the nVidia system utility, now...just no an overheating..... /laugh.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='laugh.gif' /> )

Also, I replaced the CM's Premium (made with Silicon), to Artic Silver 5 of my A64 3500+ (.130). (old ideal temp: 57, new ideal temp: 45)

For my 6800GT, I also do the same things as that on CPU and the temp drops from 62 to 59. A nice one, too. When geming, it is 70 with old thing and now is 64.

So, my recommendation is that: Remember to replace all heatsink compound when you are installing your parts, the original heatsink compound is not too reliable for thermal solution.

-------------------------

------Zinc Schumacher------
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information