Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD 3200 K8NSNXP Graphic Problems
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/05/2005 12:27 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/05/2005 12:27 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jay540

Hello list mates.

My comp specs are below and then my question:

AMD 3200 64
MoBo K8NSNXP
Graphics card ATI AIW 9600
Memory Corsair 1 G

I am having serious problems with playing the original Halo. After an hour's time of playing it, the computer freezes and I have to re-boot.

I downloaded 3DMark05 Pro and I cannot run the tests. It says I don't have 2.0 Pixelshader. However, I think my card is new enough to have this feature. I don't really know much about what it is. I have completely un-installed all my graphic card drivers and re-installed new ones and still have the same problem.

My next question is, my CPU is only running at 200? Is there any way to overclock my CPU? Do I need an upgrade with my graphics card or over-clocking would remedy my situation. I am a novice with tweaking. Your expert help is highly appreciated. Thanks,

jay
 07/12/2005 02:54 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bvchurch

QUOTE(jay540 @ Jul 5 2005, 09:27 AM)Hello list mates.

My comp specs are below and then my question:

AMD 3200 64
MoBo K8NSNXP
Graphics card ATI AIW 9600
Memory Corsair 1 G
I am having serious problems with playing the original Halo. After an hour's time of playing it, the computer freezes and I have to re-boot.

I downloaded 3DMark05 Pro and I cannot run the tests. It says I don't have 2.0 Pixelshader. However, I think my card is new enough to have this feature. I don't really know much about what it is. I have completely un-installed all my graphic card drivers and re-installed new ones and still have the same problem.

My next question is, my CPU is only running at 200? Is there any way to overclock my CPU? Do I need an upgrade with my graphics card or over-clocking would remedy my situation. I am a novice with tweaking. Your expert help is highly appreciated. Thanks,

jay
[right][snapback]452784[/snapback][/right]

First update your drivers for your card, I d recommend going to ati.com and downloading the 5.6 drivers. That should resolve some issues. It also may be smart to roll back to driver 4.9 or 5.3

The CPU is running at 200*10 or 2000mhz, which is the correct freq. You can change it in the bios.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information