AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Retail XP 2800+ Modding Advice?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/10/2005 11:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/10/2005 11:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Diablo_gate

Am I right in saying there is no physical difference between the Athlon XP mobile barton core and the Athlon XP desktop barton core? (Other than a few bridge settings)

I was interested in unlocking this retail 2800+ and came across some forums that alluded to doing that desktop-to-mobile modification.

All I really want to do is unlock the multiplier. How is that done exactly? I need instructions.

-------------------------
AMD XP-M 2500+ @ 2.2 GHz 46C max temp.
(2.4Ghz at 1.65Vcore and 51C under load)
Vantec Aeroflow V4A-7040 (tip-magentically driven fan FTW)
Antec SLK3700AMB w/ 120mm fans
Abit NF7-S
1024MB Infineon PC3200
Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB

"Do I have the words 'Please correct me everytime I speak.' tattooed on my forehead?" Ben G.
 02/10/2005 03:16 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Silk_the_Absent1

While it *is* true that all Bartons are the same, it *isn't* true that all Bartons are the same.

All Barton cores are identical, and all of them are made in the same fab in Dresden, Germany.

NOT all Bartons will test out higher, or require less power to run. The ones that tested lowest were made into Thortons or lower speed Bartons, the ones that tested out better went to mid to high range XP's. Those that tested out the best became XP-M's, and the cream of that crop are the 35-watt XP-M's.

And several of us have posted in your other thread on the unlocking subject. there is an L-5 mod to make it a mobile, but since you have an NF-2 based board, it will not work.

-Adam
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information