Increase font size
Topic Title: Z-5500 surround sound
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/05/2005 05:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/05/2005 05:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Gregoriy

I am planing to buy the z-5500's and wondered if my mobo can support their suround sound...in my mobo manual and on the box it came in it says that the mobo has 6 channel codec builtin...but i am not sure about this due to this beign the only speaker conectors....(Top line in, center line out, bottomn microphone)
But everywhere yet it says that it's capable.....

And it even has somekind of codec onboard..i checked it's there...

COuld anyone please explain to me can if i can use the z-5500 in suround sound or i cant suport it without a fancy sound card....
And if it can suport suround why does it use only one stereo speaker connection? Does it have somekind of dolby suround sound coding...plz xplain.

My mobo is the Asus A7N8X-X.
 01/05/2005 05:50 PM

Author Icon
hubs8907

Well, 6 channel sound is 5.1 sound. You have the 5 satellites, plus the 1 sub = 6 channels. Since your mobo says that it supports 6 channel audio, it should support those speakers.

By the way, what is your motherboard? We could tell you for sure if we knew what it was. If you dont know, download Belarc Advisor and it will tell you.

hubs8907

500 posts!
 01/05/2005 05:53 PM

Author Icon
Gregoriy

Hey thanks for the fast reply...my modo is the Asus A7N8X-X does anyone know for sure if it can? And y does it only have one stereo connection!??
 01/05/2005 06:13 PM

Author Icon
Gregoriy

Ok i just read a phew articles and realised that i have to sacrifise the line in and microphone jacks and configure them to audio outputs...=) so it is capable...but can ne1 tell me how to configure them to do that??
 01/05/2005 07:04 PM

Author Icon
rob_a89

hmm im not sure what your talking about the micophone part but i use to have that same exact board and i used my 5.1 speakers on there with no problem plus a mic, i didnt need to cinfigure anything.. so im not sure what your talking about
 01/05/2005 07:26 PM

Author Icon
Gregoriy

Hmm ye that's only stereo..surely all the speakers work but it's still only two sided...there has to be the folowing speakers....left, right, left behind,right behind, infront and a sub..and i jus figured out how to unlock this...go to audio panel and go to advanced to change line in and mic inputs to audio surround ourtputs...here is snapshot of the screen!:

01/05/2005 09:50 PM

Author Icon
Gregoriy

But seeing as i havent got the speakers yet i have no idea if it works...i read threads about people getting serious static when using surround sound with this mobo...can ne1 plaz xplain everything 2 me?!?
 01/05/2005 09:57 PM

Author Icon
hubs8907

No I cant explain the static. It may be from noise made by the mobo's circuts itself. Sometimes that is the cause of static in the onboard sound.

Also, the mods dont like double posts. You should use the edit button to add onto posts instead of making new ones.

hubs8907
 01/06/2005 06:57 AM

Author Icon
Jack_The_Ripper

hey, i have the same mobo as you, and got the x-620s, which are 6.1, and all works good. just found that u have to update the drivers (use the realtek ones, not ones from the mobo site), then u can chage the ports to be mic, line in, to be the 3 lines out that u need
dont get much static, i guess its jsut the audiophiles, when compared to fullon sound cards, especially external, there might be a little difference, but not too much. The static is caused by residue radiation, and elictricity inside the pc.

-------------------------

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information