Increase font size
Topic Title: Athlon 3500 homebuilt job
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/28/2006 01:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/28/2006 01:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zucca

I built this thing for my kid, out of parts and a case I had laying around,,,,It has overcloking stuff on it...Do you think he will smoke the cpu in less then a week? Maybe I should have used barbeque paint huh? Lokks neat at night...blue led lights from fans just peeking throgh the case holes i drilled out bigger,,,,I painted right over the power led and the hard drive led...so all ya see it the blue lights in a nice little pattern....Might toss a thermaltake led fan that writes its name on the spinning blades in the side port...just gotta make sure it blows right direction for this set up....Wish you could order fans with your own personalized message,,,,Id get one that says smokey...LOL
 11/28/2006 06:08 PM

Author Icon
MadMarky

Blank body

-------------------------
AMD Athlon X2 4600+ @ 2.8Ghz
DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D
2x 1GB G.Skill PC4000
XFX GeForce 7900GT
Antec TrueBlue 480w PSU
Thermaltake Xaser III case
 11/28/2006 10:03 PM

Author Icon
zucca

quote:

Originally posted by: MadMarky

Ah come on its a but ugly black box with some blue lights showing in the front...a pattern of about 30 1/4 inch or so holes....kinda neat looking. I overclocked it to 2750 with just the fsb and it barely went up in temps...what the average 3500 oc too? I will of course set the ram and the other things up too....but just bumping the fsb and hitting 2750 is pretty decent for a 939 3500 right? The temps went up to around 23 on cpu and 30 on system... i checked it on pc wizard and included program that was with mobo...both read around the same...I wonder exactly how far 3500's go too? Whats the average chip clock too? I read posts where they were proud of 2750, but that just seems silly. I just want to figure out close tp peak numbers, then set it in bios with ram ratios.....to around 1/2 the gain...to be safe. Thanks.
 11/28/2006 10:18 PM

Author Icon
zucca

quote:

Originally posted by: zucca
Ah come on its a but ugly black box with some blue lights showing in the front...a pattern of about 30 1/4 inch or so holes....kinda neat looking. I overclocked it to 2750 with just the fsb and it barely went up in temps...what the average 3500 oc too? I will of course set the ram and the other things up too....but just bumping the fsb and hitting 2750 is pretty decent for a 939 3500 right? The temps went up to around 23 on cpu and 30 on system... i checked it on pc wizard and included program that was with mobo...both read around the same...I wonder exactly how far 3500's go too? Whats the average chip clock too? I read posts where they were proud of 2750, but that just seems silly. I just want to figure out close tp peak numbers, then set it in bios with ram ratios.....to around 1/2 the gain...to be safe. Thanks.

i did not bump voltage on chip either maybe that is why it did not heat up? Maybe I got a decent chip here, i had a pentium two that i fryed 3 or 4 mobos with and countless other parts,,,could not kill it,,,just everything it was attached too. Im not used to amd stuff at all, but i hear it is better for overclocking until recently. maybe intel core duos are good for it now that they changed some stuff.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information