AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Please help me set up my new(ish) rig.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/23/2006 02:07 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/23/2006 02:07 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
thescinema

Here's the specs:

CPU: AMD Sempron 3400+ Socket 754, Palermo DH-E6
Mobo: Abit NF8-V2
Memory: 512MB x 2 DDR400, single channel, generic from mwave.com. Default timings @ 200mhz are 3-3-3-8 (2T)
AGP: BFG Technologies nVidia FX5200 Ultra 128MB

Here's the problem:

I go into SoftMenu to mess with HTT, multiplier, memory timings, etc.
Everything seems to be adjustable except the HTT. No matter what I put in, CPU-Z always reports it at 200. I could put in 900 if I want, it'll still show up as 200. Is there some sort of jumper locking it at 200 no matter what settings I put in the BIOS?

Anyone familiar with or use this board and know how I can get my system to OC properly? this is hella frustrating.

Any and all info/help will be greatly appreciated.
 09/23/2006 04:32 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Rico
Voodoo Programmer

Welcome to the forums,

Make sure you have the newest BIOS and newest version of CPU-Z. If your unsure of what BIOS you have, or how to update it see Abit's site (http://www.abit-usa.com/) go to your motherboard model and get the BIOS. Then read the FAQ on how to do it without toasting your board.

Once that is done, it should be working. If not check your motherboards manual for jumpers that might be inhibiting the HTT speed.

If that STILL doesn't work, google for "Abit NF8-V2 overclocking" or "Abit NF8-V2 reviews" since reviews usually offer an overclocking section, and there should be people with this board, possibly this problem that will have answers. Or you'll find this exact thread on google .

Goodluck,
-Colin

edit//
A quick search showed that the stock bios on the board limited overclocking potential. This might be something useful.

-------------------------
AMD X2 4200+ *** DFI NF4 Ultra-D (modded to SLi-D) *** eVGA 7950GT (with Zalman FC-ZV9)
January 16th was the day life changed... the day I bought WoW
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information