Increase font size
Topic Title: Processor speed not recognised for games
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/09/2006 08:40 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/09/2006 08:40 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
scuba37

When first running agames it does not find the correct spec for my PC and will not let me run at a high enough speed. I have a AMD 64 3700+ and it says it is only running at 1GHz. I've checked on the microsoft games advisor page and it shows the true speed.
Can any one help as I would love to play with better looking graphics

I have been told AMD run something called Cool'n'Quiet Technology built into some AMD processors, which, underclocks the processor to save power and generate less heat so the fans can run quietly. Is there a way to disable this on mycomputer.

Thanks for any help
 04/09/2006 02:19 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Allardo

quote:

Originally posted by: scuba37
When first running agames it does not find the correct spec for my PC and will not let me run at a high enough speed. I have a AMD 64 3700+ and it says it is only running at 1GHz. I've checked on the microsoft games advisor page and it shows the true speed.
Can any one help as I would love to play with better looking graphics

I have been told AMD run something called Cool'n'Quiet Technology built into some AMD processors, which, underclocks the processor to save power and generate less heat so the fans can run quietly. Is there a way to disable this on mycomputer.

Thanks for any help

Check your m-boards manual, you can disable it in the bios of the m-board.

then you could run cpu-z to check if it runs the correct speed.

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

A.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information