Increase font size
Topic Title: Problems with sempron 64 2600+ palermo
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/14/2006 01:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/14/2006 01:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Tuxic

Hello,

I bought 6 months ago a sempron 64 2600+ palermo box version and a K8NF4G-SATA2 motherboard with integrated nvidia 6100 chipset. I've got 756mo of RAM (with 128 shared for video card). But there's a problem: I only have access to the FSB, and not the multiplier and the vcore in the bios... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> You're gonna tell me "you kiddin' big noob, your bios simply doesn't support it, so go see somewhere else". Well I'll just respond: "Hey! Take a look at the motherboard online documentation on the bios section. The options are there (multiplier, vcore), but not on my computer bios, they've like disapeared. So wtf is going on?!? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ". You'll respond "[content edited] I only know you're not very polite... "

Let's stop joking... Here are screens of what I should get and what I get:

- What I should get:

- What I get:

You clearly see the difference I hope /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> . The thing is: same motherboard, same bios version (last update), but not the same processor (Athlon 3400+ against Sempron 2600+, big difference). So I thought of a stupid theory: palermo processors are just like intel processors, you don't have access to the multiplier and the vcore. That is of cours totaly idiot because I've seen people overclock both the options of that processor /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" /> . Well... If anyone has an answer...
 07/15/2006 02:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stanleyapple03

maybe because of different processors
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information