Increase font size
Topic Title: converting a LCD Panel off an old laptop
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/20/2006 06:11 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/20/2006 06:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Resident Crustacean

Hey, i found my old Gateway Solo 2150, which I gutted, and have determined that the monitor might potentially be able to be converted into a monitor for my PC, so a few questions, converting the power for the monitor, how? and pin assignments. how? lol

If I get it to work, Im gonna put it in the side panel, much like a window, should look kinda cool =D

Im uploading some pics now, I think ive got the decoding chip, as well as the power managment module for the monitor, hence why I think this is actually do-able, so id like to just confirm thats indeed what I have, and go from there.

The panel is an LG LP141XA
The card up top, which I believe to be the decoder/encoder is : P/N 6870L-S007B | [content edited] P/N is 2A0530

The other thing I have, which i believe is the power module isnt really labeled, but 5 wires go into a few coils, resistors, capacitors and a wierd thing out to 2 wires which continue to the panel.

Please fogive the crappy pics

The potential Power module

The Decoder

http://img.photobucket.com/alb...105/tcoil/IMAG0331.jpg

The connector, which appears to have 22 pins
these pics arent rmotley clear enough...grrr...anybody wanna buy me a new camera XD

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 07/20/2006 06:21 PM

Author Icon
elite_athlon

Bah . I have a screen just like that, but i took the destructive path and ending up smashing it up XD. Looks cool though, i'm going to keep an eye on this topic

Join a real forum - http://www.compsupportforums.com/
 07/21/2006 11:37 AM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Resident Crustacean

that hopeless eh?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information