Increase font size
Topic Title: Unknown Flash Type?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/08/2006 09:48 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/08/2006 09:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MrYule

HI, I'm hoping somebody can help me. I recently built a computer that gives me the "Unknown Flash Type" before Windows XP boots. My onboard LAN, serial, LPT1, and USB ports do not work even though Windows detects them (Windows XP will boot). I am assuming that the chipset does not recognize the onboard features. I have replaced the motherboard (thinking that it was faulty) and then the actual chip (thinking that it was also faulty). After these changes, I am still unable to use the onboard motherboard features (USB,LAN, Serial, and LPT1). However, everything else works (no conflicts in the Device Manager). And I'm able to connect to the internet using a plug in ethernet card (onboard PCI slots work). I have tried to flash the BIOS, but unfortunately, it won't upgrade. I know that I'm missing something, but just can't figure it out. Anybody got any ideas? And yes, I have tried clearing the CMOS before flashing. This is a little more advance for my puny computer knowledge.
 02/09/2006 03:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Andy-M

I take it you have installed XP's service pack 2 ?

Installed all drivers from your motherboartd CD?
Downloaded the latest motherboard drivers?

Does anything appear in device manager with a yellow question mark or exclamation mark ?

All of the problem items enabled in your BIOS?
USB set to 2.0 in your BIOS ?

What gives with the failed BIOS flash? does it just sit there doing nothing or do ye get error messages & if so, what do they say ?

What's your motherboard make & model number.?
What's your CPU model number ?

-------------------------

HAPPY PHENOM USER ! ! !!!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information