Topic Title: x2 3000 water cooling?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/26/2006 09:55 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/04/2006 04:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Jahz

quote:

Originally posted by: TheReturnOfAZ
you have 5 WD 150s!?

2.7 at 1.45 is pretty nice too

Yep. Black friday sale at bestbuy one year ago. Store opened at 6am and the entire palette of them were gone by 6:05. I won't lie though... my last rig did not have enough power for all those drives, so two of them are sitting in there uninitialized. RAID-5 write preformance SUCKS, but it's very tempting o.O
 02/04/2006 05:44 PM

Author Icon
zeppelinrox

quote:

Originally posted by: Jahz
Oh, right, I would post a new topic, but I figured these aren't really the forums for DFI mobo's and RAM.

yeah.. nice rig indeed
anyhow just ask for help with timings..

actually, this may help...a memory timing guide http://forums.extremeoverclock...show...ad.php?t=170999

-------------------------

Overclocking Help and Links . Why DRM, BluRay and HD-DVD Blow Great tools-> OC Bible v1.52 and Guidemania v1.2
 02/04/2006 07:14 PM

Author Icon
TheReturnOfAZ

quote:

Originally posted by: Jahz
Yep. Black friday sale at bestbuy one year ago. Store opened at 6am and the entire palette of them were gone by 6:05. I won't lie though... my last rig did not have enough power for all those drives, so two of them are sitting in there uninitialized. RAID-5 write preformance SUCKS, but it's very tempting o.O

i just realized they werent raptors when you said a year ago. still impressive though.

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above exactly represent those of the Intel Corporation and all of its affiliates.
Official Intel™ Propaganda Spreader
"Bringing you the benchmarks that everyone knows are fake" ~ SINCE 2006 ~<!--
 02/05/2006 05:25 AM

Author Icon
Jahz

quote:

Originally posted by: zeppelinrox
yeah.. nice rig indeed
anyhow just ask for help with timings..

actually, this may help...a memory timing guide http://forums.extremeoverclock...show...ad.php?t=170999

I spent most of the night crawling through the dfi-street.com forums. The final word on whether my hypothesis is correct will not come until tomorrow morning when the mod i'm talking to replies to my last post..

I'm not sure if it is the Opteron's on-board mem controller, or the motherboard, but something is really not happy when both my ram sticks are plugged in. The mod at dfi claims these boards require ram chips to be identical (as in made at the same actual time) for dual mode to work. I thought mine were since they were shipped in a two-pack. Anyway the dfi guy said a good way to check would be to clear the CMOS, put one stick in, load bios defaults (aka set AUTO everything) and boot into Memtest86+. Since memtet86 dumps the chip timings, bytes, etc to the screen, it is easy to see if two chips are exactly the same.

Well.. mine were NOT
One of them read 2-3-2-6 (exact stock speeds), but the other read 2.5-3-3-8. Can differences as small as one clock cycle be causing me such a headache? Maybe.. probably... bottom line, i'm gonng get some new RAM.

Probably make a thread here tomorrow for that to see what others have has success with.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information