AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Just another stupidly large case. ;)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/09/2005 03:48 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/09/2005 03:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Le_Petit_Lapin

Motherboard Side

Pump, Drives and PSU side.

What the outside of the case looks like, minus the right hand door in this picture, I took it off, and have misplaced it somewhere. /blush.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='blush.gif' />

My dog, giving his approval. /smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

Things still to do:

1) Find right hand door and re-attach.
2) Finalise overclock.
3) Tidy Wires
4) Buy replacement 120.2 Rad.
5) Apply more clear coat to the case. Three cans wasnt enough and has left that "orange peel" look. /sad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='sad.gif' />

Lol.....just notised I've forgotten to put the Cold Cathodes back in whenever I took the pics. So, that as well....then Pics when its on.

Still to get some "money shots" of the PC when its switched on, but I'll add those when I finish off the above tasks, might do it this weekend, if I don't play BF2 too much.

The PC in its current incarnation (as in the pics) is:

AMD A64 3000+ @ 2.4 Ghz - 1.6v (Iv have a DTR....bit it doesnt like using a CPC of 2, and the RAM overclock isnt finalised yet)
DFI Lanparty UT 250GB NF3 HT: 240Mhz
Bios: 2005/05/04 (From DFI Site)
GEiL Ultra Platinum PC3500 (2x512MB) (At stock using 9/10 divider becuase I am completely unsure of Chip type. Apparently so is GeIL - If anyone could help me identify the chip type I'd very much appreciate it.)
1x Hitachi Deskstar 120GB IDE HDD
1x Hitachi Deskstar 80GB IDE HDD
1x Lite-ON DVD-RW 4x
Leadtek Winfast A400 6800nu 128MB (Still Fiddling with the O/C)
Jeantech 500W PSU
Audugy LS Sound Card (Which is broken I think....sounds all crackly...Spilt water on it when leak testing see.....it hasnt been the same since)
Win XP Pro SP2 Stripped Edition. /wink.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='wink.gif' />

Its far from finished, and being a PC of mine it probably never will be (constantly change the hardware about) .... incidently I had to remove the old SCSI disk I was using for the Page File, as I couldnt find the drivers again for the SCSI controller card. /sad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='sad.gif' /> And I've just noticed I still havent wired the pump up to the 12v kettle connector you can see above the PSU in the second pic.....mostly because I havnt got a flat headed screwdriver small enough yet.
 09/09/2005 08:11 AM

Author Icon
Andy-M

Er, is the case twice the width of a normal ATX, with the PSU on the other side ?

That's one wide machine ! ! !

-------------------------

HAPPY PHENOM USER ! ! !!!
 09/09/2005 08:12 AM

Author Icon
thespin

Those water pipes look huge in the picture. What diameter are they ? What watercooling system are you using ? What does the front panel look like ?

Have you considered using MCT-40 non-conductive additive to your coolant so if/when you leak, there are no shorts ?

Millions daily drive their cars made of 1000s of parts. We study events billions of miles away expecting laws HERE apply equally THERE. The planets, the moons etc move with such precision that we just hit a comet millions of miles away with a probe. ALL of man's technology depend on the precision and invariability of natural laws. How also explain their simplicity and their harmonious integration to form a multifaceted U
 09/09/2005 09:55 AM

Author Icon
Le_Petit_Lapin

QUOTE(Andy-M @ Sep 9 2005, 04:11 AM)Er, is the case twice the width of a normal ATX, with the PSU on the other side ?
[right][snapback]498759[/snapback][/right]

Yeah....its about the same size as 2 normal ATX cases strapped together. Unfortunately its also made of steel I think, not aluminium, so it does indeed weigh a ton.

Also the reason why I havent any pictures of it while its switched on...theres no room around it, except at the front, for me to shove a camera.

QUOTE(thespin @ Sep 9 2005, 04:12 AM)Those water pipes look huge in the picture.  What diameter are they ? What watercooling system are you using ?  What does the front panel look like ?
[right][snapback]498760[/snapback][/right]

They're 1/2" Inner Diameter pipes, bought from B&Q (a large hardware store in the UK) cheaper than Danger Den pipes at any rate.

The System isnt any specific kit, its just bits from here and there. The radiator is a 120.1 Danger Den Heater core, with a rather crap acrylic fan shroud attached to it, The pump I've forgotten the make, but pumps 1800LPH if I remember correctly. I'll be replacing that shortly qwith a less noisy one (mine vibrates a lot) probably the Danger Den DDC-12V, and the resevoir is a Danger Den Dual 3 1/2" Floppy Bay Reservoir, which I'm considering replacing with one of those rather cool looking tube like resevoirs, like the ThermoChill "ThermoTube", and mount it on top of the case for easy access.

QUOTEHave you considered using MCT-40 non-conductive additive to your coolant so if/when you leak, there are no shorts ?
No, not really. Seems like a waste of cash to me when Distilled Water is so cheap. Besides shorts = easier way to get component upgrades past the significant other. /wink.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='wink.gif' />
 09/10/2005 12:22 PM

Author Icon
shant

QUOTE(Le_Petit_Lapin @ Sep 9 2005, 09:55 AM)Yeah....its about the same size as 2 normal ATX cases strapped together. Unfortunately its also made of steel I think, not aluminium, so it does indeed weigh a ton.

Also the reason why I havent any pictures of it while its switched on...theres no room around it, except at the front, for me to shove a camera.
They're 1/2" Inner Diameter pipes, bought from B&Q (a large hardware store in the UK)  cheaper than Danger Den pipes at any rate.

The System isnt any specific kit, its just bits from here and there. The radiator is a 120.1 Danger Den Heater core, with a rather crap acrylic fan shroud attached to it, The pump I've forgotten the make, but pumps 1800LPH if I remember correctly. I'll be replacing that shortly qwith a less noisy one (mine vibrates a lot) probably the  Danger Den DDC-12V, and the resevoir is a Danger Den Dual 3 1/2" Floppy Bay Reservoir, which I'm considering replacing with one of those rather cool looking tube like resevoirs, like the ThermoChill "ThermoTube", and mount it on top of the case for easy access.
No, not really. Seems like a waste of cash to me when Distilled Water is so cheap. Besides shorts = easier way to get component upgrades past the significant other. /wink.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='wink.gif' />
[right][snapback]498805[/snapback][/right]

you have a nvidia 6800 ???...looks bigger then mine ?? am i crazy ?? i have a 7800GT ?? and btw ....WOW that is big !! actuly its good no body can steal it #1 to big .. #2 to heavy !! #3 cannot pass into a door !! so your on the safe side !

AquaMark3 : 89,055 3DMark05 : 8,070 3DMark03 : 17,093 3DMark2
 09/10/2005 12:48 PM

Author Icon
cow8mynuts

wow that 1/2 tubing must be cooling down your cpu alot, he what kind of case is that, i've seen case that can hold 2,4,6,8 atx computer before but i can't find them now anymore.

my healthzone
 09/11/2005 06:42 AM

Author Icon
Le_Petit_Lapin

QUOTE(shant @ Sep 10 2005, 08:22 AM)you have a nvidia 6800 ???...looks bigger then mine ?? am i crazy ?? i have a 7800GT ?? and btw ....WOW that is big !! actuly its good no body can steal it #1 to big .. #2 to heavy !! #3 cannot pass into a door !! so your on the safe side !
[right][snapback]499563[/snapback][/right]

Its a Leadtek 6800, comes with one massive copper cooler attached to it. It does look rather big to be honest, and its certainly a monster in comparison to my old 6600GT. Dunno why is so big....it just is. /unsure.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='unsure.gif' />

Lol....yeah, you'd have a [content edited] hard time trying to steal it. As well as that you need a key to get inside the case, or een at the DVD drives in the first place. /rolleyes.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='rolleyes.gif' />

QUOTE(cow8mynuts @ Sep 10 2005, 08:48 AM)wow that 1/2 tubing must be cooling down your cpu alot, he what kind of case is that, i've seen case that can hold 2,4,6,8 atx computer before but i can't find them now anymore.
[right][snapback]499587[/snapback][/right]

The tubing is ok, but I've only got a crappy fan on the radiator at the minute, so temps are about 38*C load. I'll be replacing that with a Vantec fan later on today though, hopefully that'll drop the temps a bit.

As to the case its a Yeong Yang Server Cube Case- YY-0430' ">http://www.yeongyang.com/products/yy0420-0430.htm. Bought it off Ebay several months ago.
 09/21/2005 12:09 PM

Author Icon
Ezyn

Cool, mii likey it /tongue.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='tongue.gif' />

[Signature over size limits. Please see forum guidelines.]
 10/12/2005 04:10 PM

Author Icon
Le_Petit_Lapin

QUOTE(Ezyn @ Sep 21 2005, 08:09 AM)Cool, mii likey it  /tongue.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='tongue.gif' />
[right][snapback]507093[/snapback][/right]

Cheers. Just ordered a few new parts, as of the weekend the rig will be as follows:

AMD Opteron 148
DFI NF3 Ultra-D (Soc. 939)
G.Skill PC4400 (2x512MB) (TCCD)
Leadtek 6800nu (12x Pipes, 6x VS)

Hopefully I'll be able to get it above 3Ghz.
 10/21/2005 07:15 PM

Author Icon
cwetmore(CA)

cool case

to get rid of orange peel look you will have to wet sand it before adding another coat
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information