Increase font size
Topic Title: Project Kumasa.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/07/2005 01:50 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/07/2005 01:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
krado
Case Modder

Okkkkaaaaaaaay...

Let the pictures do the talking:

Made some custom 90-degree 4pin power molex for the DVDrom drive.

Now for those who saw me searching high and low for a suitable PSU... here's the answer:

not even an inch of space between the drive and psu. /smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

Kepp rollin rollin rollin.... phoar?

FIRED UP.

Guess I forgot to connect the LEDs in my rush for joy..

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

"Rules do not bend for you. You bend for the rules."
 12/07/2005 01:56 PM

Author Icon
bp1019

Nice looking setup. Should be good to you. /biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' />

-Proud owner of a DFI because chicks dig "Big" OCs
Repsgaminglounge
 12/07/2005 02:07 PM

Author Icon
krado
Case Modder

QUOTE(bp1019 @ Dec 8 2005, 02:56 AM)Nice looking setup.  Should be good to you.  /biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' />
[right][snapback]562217[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, although I would love to try to squeeze in a 6800GT, or the 6800XT to see if it chokes up.

There's a funny thing about the PC. whenever the electrical mains is connected, the fan controller AND DVDrom status light, lights up. Even when I have not pressed the power button...

I suspect that I got some funny power supply that has a mind of its own. /smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

12/07/2005 04:20 PM

Author Icon
AthlonX2

QUOTE(krado @ Dec 7 2005, 03:07 PM)There's a funny thing about the PC. whenever the electrical mains is connected, the fan controller AND DVDrom status light, lights up. Even when I have not pressed the power button...

I suspect that I got some funny power supply that has a mind of its own.  /smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />
[right][snapback]562221[/snapback][/right]

/laugh.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='laugh.gif' /> Looks good though. How did you make the custom molex connectors? I ditched my previous PSU because it was interfering with the connectors. I never thought of those! /happy.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='happy.gif' />

12/07/2005 05:50 PM

Author Icon
krado
Case Modder

QUOTE(AthlonX2 @ Dec 8 2005, 05:20 AM)/laugh.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='laugh.gif' /> Looks good though. How did you make the custom molex connectors? I ditched my previous PSU because it was interfering with the connectors. I never thought of those!  /happy.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='happy.gif' />
[right][snapback]562301[/snapback][/right]

I purchased them from a local retailler who was selling them for like, S$15 (That's about US$10 )for 6 pieces.

Its made by Xmod, but a quick flip through the ir webpage, yielded no results. /mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' />

12/08/2005 11:11 AM

Author Icon
krado
Case Modder

Kumasa as compared to an Altec Lansing ACS45.1 Subwoofer. /smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information