Increase font size
Topic Title: Wire question
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/25/2006 10:30 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/25/2006 10:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MikeyPez

I have some colde cathode green tubes that I wanted to install. However the power converter is mounted in a PCI slot on the back. My question is I want to lengthen the wire that goes from the converter to the cathode.

My question is what gauge of wire I can use to length the wire? There are no markings on the current wire to specify. Hmmm maybe I can use my wire stripper as a measurer?

-------------------------

Vinatge AMD at SocketAplus
A single jpeg will make fat little rich kids cry. That is pretty powerful! - AndrewZorn
 01/25/2006 10:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mtrupi

QUOTE(MikeyPez @ Jan 25 2006, 08:30 AM)I have some colde cathode green tubes that I wanted to install. However the power converter is mounted in a PCI slot on the back. My question is I want to lengthen the wire that goes from the converter to the cathode.

My question is what gauge of wire I can use to length the wire? There are no markings on the current wire to specify. Hmmm maybe I can use my wire stripper as a measurer?
[right][snapback]604698[/snapback][/right]

Google wire size calculators' ">http://www.google.com/search?s...q=wire+size+calculator
Here's one result' ">http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm

In your case it's probably not critical, just make the wire is of the same type or better.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information