AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Windows 7 gaming
Topic Summary: The next Windows gaming platform?
Created On: 01/13/2009 05:31 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/26/2009 02:27 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
PorscheRacer14
Ardrid Returned

Max Payne and Max Payne 2 work without any problems. GTR2 works online without a problem, GT Legends works, but needs a no-cd hack becasue starforce won't work (just like in Vista) and it plays online fine. Unreal II plays really good and looks awesome! I just have a few more games to test that are installed on here and I am done. I have to say though, GTR2 plays much better online, even though I'm using wireless N. I think they really fixed some of the networking slowdowns from Vista.

-------------------------
Multi-Core Upgrade Guide

Do you want a world ranking? Join Team Fusion in Forum Warz 2011!
 02/21/2009 05:47 PM

Author Icon
wingman65

Windows 7 is my first experience with a 64 bit OS and I really like it, always used XP and previous windows OS.

Crysis works flawlessly on med settings. Can't get GTAIV to load. Will try other games and report back.

AMD Athalon 64X2 6000+ Windsor 125W, Biostar TA 790 GX, ARCTIC FREEZER 64 pro,6Gb OCZ Platinum 800Mhz, WD 640Gb 7200 HD, Sapphire HD 4850 GPU,Samsung 19" widescreen monitor+Dynex 42" Plasma HDTV...(GAME ON!!!)
 02/24/2009 06:11 PM

Author Icon
Sage-BRIG-

I am running win 7 64 bit. I finally got it to install COD WAW but once installed the sound was not working, worked on the desktop but not in game. After hours of fiddling, still nothing. Needless to say I will not be jamming under that OS until the sound works. May be attributed to my sound card which is a soundblaster X-fi titanium PCIE, cant get it to recognize 5.1 setup, resets to 2.1 every time I close the screen.
 02/24/2009 06:39 PM

Author Icon
PorscheRacer14
Ardrid Returned

Download the Windows 7 beta drivers from the Creative website. I tried these out yesterday and fixed all the problems you listed above, at least on my X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty audio card. The drivers for both of these cards should be the same.

Multi-Core Upgrade Guide

06/16/2009 02:18 AM

Author Icon
PorscheRacer14
Ardrid Returned

I got PunkBuster to work in Windows 7RC!!!! I'll tell yah how I did it. I installed CoD4, installed the 1.6 patch and then the latest 1.7 patch. I rebooted, and then installed the new Catalyst drivers (this won't make a difference), but then rebooted. Curious me wanted to see the memory footprint on the new drivers and I noticed PunkBuster A and B running. So, I tried BF2 online and it works. I've rebooted a few times, played Special Forces, a bunch of maps and servers and no kick. So there yah go!

On a side not, the new GameShadow v3 doesn't work at all. They had finally got it working on Vista X64 and now I tried to put the new version on here and no dice...

Win some and lose some.

Multi-Core Upgrade Guide

AMD Processors » AMD Enthusiast Community » Gaming and Lan Parties » Windows 7 gaming

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information