Topic Title: Next Release: Need For Speed:Shift
Topic Summary: Next release of need for speed series
Created On: 07/14/2009 10:58 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/17/2009 01:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Resident Crustacean

Not sure how this works, but here: a few videos, did a short lap, in a Cayman, first drive, so yeah, I know, I'm all over the map! that suckers even more twitchy than the Elise I drove.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/203.../69bf2884/sharing.html

The files should be done uploading in about 10min, or 25min from time of post. race footage, replay footage, menu run troughs, race courses. Hope it helps. and that guy in the lamborgini annoys me.....

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Edited: 09/17/2009 at 02:12 AM by Immortal Lobster
 09/19/2009 10:04 PM

Author Icon
Edgemeal
Overclocker

Just tried the NFS Shift demo, but as soon as the racing is going to start I get a BSOD, at bottom of the screen it shows what appeared to be the name of an nVidia driver. I got the latest drivers installed, tried it with physics on and off but didn't help, IOW if the released version of the game is any better? Anyone else have a problem running the demo with Nvidia card?

MSI 770-C45
Phenom II X2-550 @ X4 @ 3.5GHz @ Stock Vcore.
Thermaltake Big Typhoon
2x2GB DDR3 1333 @ 9-9-9-24-33-1T
1x60GB SSD /1x300GB VelociRaptor / 1x320GB Seagate / 1xDVD 22X
Audigy2 / HD 6670 1GB / Acer 22" / Win7-64_Ult.
Antec SOHO / Antec BP550 Plus
 09/19/2009 10:24 PM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Resident Crustacean

Haven't had a an issue yet, very stable.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 09/20/2009 04:00 AM

Author Icon
Edgemeal
Overclocker

Got a copy of the game, played it for little over 2 hours and worked just fine, so I guess the demo is just buggy (for me anyway). I still like most of the older NFS versions better then this one.

MSI 770-C45
Phenom II X2-550 @ X4 @ 3.5GHz @ Stock Vcore.
Thermaltake Big Typhoon
2x2GB DDR3 1333 @ 9-9-9-24-33-1T
1x60GB SSD /1x300GB VelociRaptor / 1x320GB Seagate / 1xDVD 22X
Audigy2 / HD 6670 1GB / Acer 22" / Win7-64_Ult.
Antec SOHO / Antec BP550 Plus
 09/20/2009 01:43 PM

Author Icon
PorscheRacer14
Ardrid Returned

OK, glad it's not just me that noticed the Cayman is so nervous. I don't get it. Maybe they intentionally hampered the car so it's harder to dominate it.

IM, what skill level are you playing at? I'm running at Pro with no assists, AI at hard. I'm on the Precision side of things and greatful to get 3 stars a challenge. I'm going to try to to tweak the settings on my wheeel and see if that helps. A cayman is better handling than a boxter, and yet it's all over the place. I've never driven a cayman, but I have driven quite a bit in boxters (my final racing license was all in boxters) and they are perfectly smooth, docile cars, even when pushed hard.

I'm running it at 1920x1200 with everything maxed out, except the AA. I can only do 2XMSAA. I've tried doing a mad OC on here with the CPU and RAM but it didn't seem to improve it much. Using the slight OC and tighter timings along with pumping up the PCIe link on the mobo has made the most difference, along with a slight OC on the video card.

P.S. My handle is, obviously, PorscheRacer14, if anyone wants to add me on their buddy list or whatever and catch some racing together.

Multi-Core Upgrade Guide

Do you want a world ranking? Join Team Fusion in Forum Warz 2011!

Edited: 09/20/2009 at 03:19 PM by PorscheRacer14
 09/20/2009 04:36 PM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Resident Crustacean

I'm playing with Experienced, modified

AI: Hard
ABS On (Otherwise I can't seem to stop lol)
Traction Control: Low
Stability Control: On
Full Damage
Auto Clutch
Manual Transmission

Sent you a Friend Invite: ImmortaLobster <-- EA account problems, lol

My garage at present consists of:
Audi RS4
Lamborghini Murcialago
Lamborghini Reventon
McLaren F1
And I'm trying to raise the money to grab a Porsche Carrera GT, seems to be the only one that doesn't play slip and slide.

I have noticed, if you run the cayman, or the GT2 on different track types, the handling changes for the better, so they just seem to spin out on the skid-pad type concretes. A shame really.

09/20/2009 07:37 PM

Author Icon
PorscheRacer14
Ardrid Returned

And you're in! Too bad you couldn't chat through the game or be able to find your friends in a game and join in (like Steam). I'm sort of near finishing Tier 2, but the AI is getting really aggressive. Not that I mind a challenge, but getting smoked off the course in a 2 lap race, really sucks. I must have restarted this one race 10 times just to get a clean launch off the line. Like accidents happen, but every single time? Not even NASCAR is that bad.

I sold the Cayman S and did up a Mitsubishi Evo X. At least that one can later be a works car, plus I can use it on just about every track. I did a bunch of online races and you seem to get a lot more profile points that way, than through the game. I levelled up big time by only doing a few online races. Seems there are a few bugs though. I watched this replay 4 times over, and I beat this guy... easily, and yet the match says he won the duel. And this other time, this guy left the race at the beginning, so we all piled into his non-moving car, and he won the race at the end, lol. Noticed what seems to be a lot of kids online or people just ramming other people. There should be black flag rules. I know you can have an aggressive profile, but taking people out like that just ruins the experience for me. I guess I'm used to more of the simulation type. Like GTR2 or GT Legends. Even if someone takes another person out, they usually apologize about it. In the lobby when someone responds "jajajaj sukzor, i pWned u! Bammm in2 wall!!!111!" it's like????

But, it's still fun and the graphics are great. I race Spa Franco-Champs a lot in GTR2 and I don't have carousels or amsument park rides in the background. Then again I don't have 10 year olds driving a dodge viper into my back end either, lol.

Multi-Core Upgrade Guide

09/20/2009 07:59 PM

Author Icon
PC-GURU -
Lurker

Downloading the demo now. Will give her a go and see how she does.

AMD phenom II 1090T @ 4.23 Ghz custom water cooled
Asrock 890 FX deluxe 3 mother board
4 GB DDR 3 1600 @ 1688 Mhz 7 7 7 24 T1 2688 Mhz NB
2x 1 TB WD Sata III 64 mb cache HDD,s raid 0
2x 5870 HD @ 1015/1300 Asus reference
Dual OS win 7 x64 ultimate & win 7 x32 Ultimate (bench os)
 09/20/2009 11:52 PM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Resident Crustacean

Originally posted by: PorscheRacer14
But, it's still fun and the graphics are great. I race Spa Franco-Champs a lot in GTR2 and I don't have carousels or amsument park rides in the background. Then again I don't have 10 year olds driving a dodge viper into my back end either, lol.

Just got out of a multi-million dollar game of bumper cars, the AI in Tier 4 cars is nuts!

Meh, I gave up on that series, I'm either too tired, or not aggressive enough, I still have a high regard for the AI in the game, but that was rediculous!

09/21/2009 12:56 AM

Author Icon
Orn
Titanic Jelly Hammer

I want to play game
 09/21/2009 02:17 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

Most of the ones that played it told me that it's about as average as a game can get.

Anyway...I was busy writing this Anti-EA article:
http://overmind.ro/DK/EAFail.html

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
 09/21/2009 03:46 AM

Author Icon
PorscheRacer14
Ardrid Returned

IM I realized the problem with the Cayman. When you put upgrades on it, or for that matter, any car, you're upgrading the power and such, but the tuning remains at stock. After tuning the car's setup, it's actually quite a little performer. I did sell it (again) so I could turn my Evo X into a works car. Now it seems more like a real race car. Adjusting spring rates and tire pressure seemed to make the most dramatic changes for the Cayman. I also tinkered around with my wheel and pedal settings in the game and now it seems more realistic.

Still, it's nice to see proper wheel support and properly assigned buttons supported in a game. Saves a lot of the initial setup time in trying to find a good layout. Another one of my problems was probably due to low frame rate. I switched from the cockpit view to the bumper cam and this raised the framerate enough to make things very smooth and much more responsive. Seems that online play is fine in the cockpit, but then again there's usually less vehicles on the track and the CPU isn't trying to power the AI.

I'm onto Tier III now, but I can tell you with these changes, I'm winning more often and collecting a lot more stars. So, just like any other simulator I have, I've had to dial in the peripherals to get a feeling for the game.

Oh, and for anyone playing this game with a real X-Fi sound card, you should enable the Alchemy workaround on this title. It made a big difference in the sound quality. Before, sometimes it would cutout and default to stereo or it just didn't sound proper in the surround sound.

I'm really liking it, but I'm more of a simulator person. If I was looking for an arcade racing game, this wouldn't be it, unless you set it to easy setings and take the aggressive profile path, hahah. The best part of it all is the fact that it looks really pretty, much better than a console would be, and I picked it up over $15 cheaper than the console versions. That made my day.

Multi-Core Upgrade Guide

09/22/2009 12:28 AM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Resident Crustacean

Ok...whatever doofus designed and built that Lexus LSF-A, needs to be drawn and quarteres, then shot, then buried in some soft peat!!!!

Ugliest thing ever, and it drives as bad as it looks, like an over powered Yaris, boring, loose, and all over the road.

I hope it remains a concept if that's to be the real car, or anything near it.

09/22/2009 06:59 AM

Author Icon
PorscheRacer14
Ardrid Returned

Well the Tier 4 Carrera GT race at Spa is impossible. I can't really do much better than last in that. Like, they just drive into you without any care or reason. If anyone of their cars touches me, I go flying off the track. It doesn't matter if I'm going fast or slow or how hard I'm hit. So, I gave up on that one. Definitely have to agree the Tier 4 AI has to be tweaked. I love the sound though! It's probably the next best thing to the real thing, and yes I have heard the real deal when South Centre Fine Cars in Calgary had one there for a while. Seeing them play bumper cars with the Carrera GT breaks my heart.

And on that note.... it just wouldn't be right without me beating the game in a Porsche, hahaha.

Multi-Core Upgrade Guide

09/22/2009 07:05 AM

Author Icon
Orn
Titanic Jelly Hammer

which one are you talking about, the LF-A? or the LF-S?

coz the LF-A looks cool
 09/22/2009 10:49 AM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Resident Crustacean

Originally posted by: Orn

which one are you talking about, the LF-A? or the LF-S?

coz the LF-A looks cool

Sorry, LF-A

That thing is hideous!

09/22/2009 01:17 PM

Author Icon
Orn
Titanic Jelly Hammer

oh man thats modelling FAIL

the original LF-A

but that thing you posted looks like a mixture of the LF-S(down) and the LF-A

dang even EA hates toyota/lexus
 09/22/2009 01:30 PM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Resident Crustacean

Lol, hating Toyota/Lexus isn't hard to do

I do like the -S however, but why must all these new cars have louvre doors for grills? The new Fords, Lexus? If I want Louvre doors I'll put them on my closet thank you!

09/22/2009 10:46 PM

Author Icon
PorscheRacer14
Ardrid Returned

Originally posted by: Immortal Lobster

Lol, hating Toyota/Lexus isn't hard to do

I do like the -S however, but why must all these new cars have louvre doors for grills? The new Fords, Lexus? If I want Louvre doors I'll put them on my closet thank you!

Exactly!! and on that note, someone please bring back popup headlights on sports cars. Seriously... isn't that what a sports car is about? Even if they were only recessed ones like in the 928, that would be cool.

Multi-Core Upgrade Guide

09/22/2009 11:53 PM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Resident Crustacean

I would absolutely love to get my claws on a '96 Acura NSX, last year they used the Pop-ups If I'm not mistaken

AMD Processors » AMD Enthusiast Community » Gaming and Lan Parties » Next Release: Need For Speed:Shift

<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information