AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD CPU Driver for Windows 7?
Topic Summary: is there a version compatible with windows 7?
Created On: 01/25/2010 01:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/25/2010 01:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MarkButler

I'm attempting to install the disk version of Borderlands. Its freezing at the AMDCPUINSTALL.EXE portion. In running the file manually, it appears to be trying to install the 32-bit AMD CPU Driver version 1.3.2.0

When I run the .exe it says it is for xp-only. I've tried running it as admin and in xp-emulation but it just crashes. is there a win7 version of this driver? I can't find it looking around the AMD site.

Any help would be appreciated
Mark
 01/25/2010 01:29 PM

Author Icon
I3r0k3n7FEET
Deprecated

cant help sorry.. though i do know several people with this game and haven't had a problem at all.. its not likely to do with a driver nor platform it would simply be a faulty disc :S

maybe someone else can shed some light

-------------------------
 01/25/2010 01:41 PM

Author Icon
MarkButler

update: my immediate problem is solved. The official solution is to copy the files to disk and copy another program over the amdcpu one.. lol

Still, the original question is still appropriate. If AMD has released a driver, even if it is not needed by Win7 because it is built in, the utility should be updated
 01/25/2010 01:50 PM

Author Icon
I3r0k3n7FEET
Deprecated

its nothing to do with the cpu.. its to DO with the driver the GAME uses.. its a function which allows it best to use AMD cpu performance.. nothing to do with the way in which the cpu works and is not AMD's responsibility. its lazy coding by the game makers...

glad the problem is soved though.. its a good game abeit repetitive.. reminds me of fallout 3 though not as good.

-------------------------
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information