Increase font size
Topic Title: Mass Efect 2
Topic Summary: A very good game
Created On: 02/01/2010 01:31 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/01/2010 01:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

I've completed the game a few days ago.
Took me 16h (+1 for the DLCs). The minerals are not a problem at all despite new players may think. You can strip-harvest each planet of at least 16k resources and some of them get you next to 50k. I even used 20+ probes on some planets. Probes are cheap, so there's no problem in that.
Make sure you plan ahead you path so you don't run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere. Don't know what happens in this case because it didn't happen to me, but better to be sure it doesn't.
I uses to scan all planets (including from near-by sectors) before getting to a main mission in a specific sector, upgrade anything possible and then go on with the mission.
Other then that, combat was pretty easy for me. It's actually very easy f you stay on cover and very hard if you think you're Rambo and go right ahead to shoot anything that moves.
I played as Infiltrator (and sniped about everything). The SMG is pretty good after it's first upgrade. So is the heavy pistol.
I did made all the missions for each character in the team, including the one from the DLC.
Other then that I did manage to set them up so that they all survive the final main mission. If you need tips with this I can help, but I'm not posting them now so I won't spoil the game for anyone.
Overall it's a great game that does deserve to be in the top of this year...and it's gonna be a h311 of a top considering what games spawn this year.
Good luck playing everyone; if you're stuck at something drop a line here and I'll give you a hint or two.

-------------------------

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
 02/22/2010 12:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
NAVI_Z
Deprecated

playin it now. good game.

-------------------------
Cpu-amd phenom 2 x4 965 be oc'd to 4ghz. ram-corsair dominator ddr3
1600mhz@9-9-9-24 3x2gigz chilled w a kingston hyper x ram cooler. grfx-ati hd 5870 xfx
triple x edition.mobo-asus m4a78T-E chipset790gx.hdd-wd velociraptor 300gig wd
cavair green 500gig,samsung spinpoint 250gig. cpu cooler-corsair H-50 hydro liquid cooler.
psu-kingwin 800w. case-NZXT temptest air flow king. os-win7 ultim 64bit.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information