Increase font size
Topic Title: reinstalling CSS
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/11/2005 10:37 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/11/2005 10:37 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
nwo

OK, so here's the deal...

Whenever I try to play on ANY server except the one I am running, I lag out before I can get a single kill which is like 2 minutes tops.

I tried playing with all the forwarding ports disabled and with my server shut down, but I still get the same problems...

How can I solve this /unsure.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='unsure.gif' />
 09/13/2005 03:32 PM

Author Icon
nwo

BUMP!

A typical occurance of this problem looks like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/alb.../nwo75200/CSlagout.jpg' ">http://img.photobucket.com/alb.../nwo75200/CSlagout.jpg
 09/13/2005 04:23 PM

Author Icon
sepheroth003

looks like you got owned /tongue.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='tongue.gif' />

Um I posted in the other, possibly download a HLDS seperate from steam, that way you know you dont have any steam id conflicts. also maybe check your rates, maybe your lagging out due to rates

cl_cmdrate 101
cl_updaterate 101
rate 20000

I know the rates are basic but I dont know how much you know

-------------------------

New Site!! Team Effex WoW, US Auchindoun Alliance IGN: Fearaga
 09/13/2005 09:48 PM

Author Icon
nwo

Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow, I am done for tonight, gotta catch some sleep and take a shower, picture day is upon me tomorrow /blush.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='blush.gif' />

I know very little about the advanced aspects of CS... after all, I've been playing it for less than a year!

Oh yea, and another question, do you type the command stuff in the console? If so, when? Right when the game loads or when I enter the server?
 09/14/2005 05:11 PM

Author Icon
nwo

QUOTE(sepheroth003 @ Sep 13 2005, 12:23 PM)looks like you got owned /tongue.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='tongue.gif' />

Um I posted in the other, possibly download a HLDS seperate from steam, that way you know you dont have any steam id conflicts. also maybe check your rates, maybe your lagging out due to rates

cl_cmdrate 101
cl_updaterate 101
rate 20000

I know the rates are basic but I dont know how much you know
[right][snapback]502117[/snapback][/right]

yay!

It worked!

At first I was like WTF cuz when I entered all 3 of them into my console before connecting to a server, and when I connected and joined a side, the game quit out by itself. When I went back in there I was finally able to finish off a round /laugh.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='laugh.gif' />
 09/16/2005 03:15 PM

Author Icon
nwo

EDIT!

OK, so yesterday was pretty much the first real day I played a lot of CS on a server other than mine, and I was lagging out first after 45 minutes, then 30 minutes, then 15 minutes, and then like 10 minutes, so yeah, the problem is back again /mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' />

What does the rate stuff do? Does it just allocate bandwidth to be used by CS or does it do something else?

How can I [PERMANENTLY] solve this problem /sleep.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='sleep.gif' />
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information