Increase font size
Topic Title: [content edited] Gate London
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/19/2005 08:49 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/19/2005 08:49 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Sw33t

This is another game that may be worth playing. I was wondering if any one has read or heard of this game . John Carmack of Doom might have had his fingers in this in some way, not sure.

Take a look here.' ">http://www.hellgatelondon.com/...loads.html#screenshots

-------------------------
' ">http://profile.xfire.com/grenadechukr
 10/19/2005 09:08 AM

Author Icon
Ace_spyder

It looks pretty stupid to be honest. It looks like an even crappier Doom 3.
 10/19/2005 09:49 AM

Author Icon
Super_Dude

How was Doom 3 crappy looking or storyline crappy? =/

' ">http://profile.xfire.com/superdude11

DFI NF3 Ultra-D
3200+ Venice
1GB(2x512) Gskill FX
Visiontek XTASY X850XTPE
Antec True 430w
300gb Maxtor
TDK 420-N DVD/+RW drive
 10/19/2005 09:59 AM

Author Icon
Ace_spyder

It was crappy because you run into a room shoot some monsters you into this room shoot some monsters. It was too repititive.
 10/19/2005 11:06 AM

Author Icon
Sw33t

QUOTE(Sw33t @ Oct 19 2005, 04:49 AM)This is another game that may be worth playing. I was wondering if any one has read or heard of this game . John Carmack of Doom might have had his fingers in this in some way, not sure.

Take a look here.' ">http://www.hellgatelondon.com/...loads.html#screenshots
[right][snapback]526616[/snapback][/right]

The key word there was (maybe) .
Untill theres an actual demo or something to play.

I think Doom was a fine game , IMO. Reguardless of how you feel . The engine remains the most advanced real-time graphical renderer I have ever seen . The best and worst thing about Doom 3 is its fully dynamic lighting model. Vertually every other game ive played , including HL2 and Far Cry , uses a hybrid lighting model, where the vast mojority of lights are static and pre-computed by the developer when the map is created . Doom 3 performs all lighting calculations in real time as you play the game.

10/19/2005 01:16 PM

Author Icon
sepheroth003

I think it looks kind of cool. Hopefully not like Doom3, Ive read 2 of the Doom books and it really does have a great story. Basically scientist on mars accidently open some gate to [content edited]. In the 2nd book all the demons get to earth and there is a huge battle. But honestly I didnt like the gameplay in D3 at all. The game was strictly to try to scare you by having random monstors jump out at you. That wand it was pretty easy, I only played a total of 3 hrs but I got plenty out of that.

New Site!! Team Effex WoW, US Auchindoun Alliance IGN: Fearaga
 10/19/2005 01:27 PM

Author Icon
Ace_spyder

QUOTE(Sw33t @ Oct 19 2005, 10:06 AM)The key word there was (maybe) . 
Untill theres an actual demo or something to play.

I think Doom was a fine game , IMO. Reguardless of how you feel . The engine remains the most advanced real-time graphical renderer I have ever seen . The best and worst thing about Doom 3 is its fully dynamic lighting model. Vertually every other game ive played , including HL2 and Far Cry , uses a hybrid lighting model, where the vast mojority of lights are static and pre-computed by the developer when the map is created . Doom 3 performs all lighting calculations in real time as you play the game.
[right][snapback]526685[/snapback][/right]

Nobody cares about this if the game play blows. Its like having the best graphics and the worst game play. I dont know about how sources lighting works ill have to do a little bit of research. The one thing you cant rip on is the ragdoll engine in hl2. Valve took the havok engine and made it thier [content edited]. The ragdolls in doom3 are similar to the ragdolls in Halo 2. Though they are both based on havok the ragdolls are very stiff and perform are very exaggerated movements.
 10/19/2005 02:33 PM

Author Icon
proudmoore2

QUOTE(sepheroth003 @ Oct 19 2005, 09:16 AM)I think it looks kind of cool. Hopefully not like Doom3, Ive read 2 of the Doom books and it really does have a great story. Basically scientist on mars accidently open some gate to [content edited]. In the 2nd book all the demons get to earth and there is a huge battle. But honestly I didnt like the gameplay in D3 at all. The game was strictly to try to scare you by having random monstors jump out at you. That wand it was pretty easy, I only played a total of 3 hrs but I got plenty out of that.
[right][snapback]526775[/snapback][/right]

Very promising. I love action fps. Where logic is smited.Im the kindof guy who sucks at css( I never place higher than 3rd) and owns on HL2 DM(i almost never lose)
i think it looks like unreal w/ doom 3 graphics, is there a demo yet?

AMD OPTERON 165 at 2.475 GHZ, 2 gigs Corsair XMS, As Rock Sata 2 board. Connect 3D 256mb x1900GT at 591/716, Western digital 160gig SATA, 80 gig ATA 100, Creative Labs X-fi extreme music, Ultra Xconnect 500watt modular, Acer 1916W, Saitek Eclipse Keyboard, , Ultra UV wizard Mid T case, Logitech MX 1000 , Logitech z5500 5.1 THX speakers(amp fried so im currently using a set of panosonics 160watt shelf system, 2 speakers, soon to be replaced by z5450s) , Leather Executive chair.
 10/19/2005 02:45 PM

Author Icon
Sw33t

I dont think theres a demo yet , but there are a couple gameplay videos.

Hellgate: London (PC)
By: Namco, Flagship Studios
Release Date: Feb 1, 2006

Here' ">http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg...lgatelondon/media.html

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information