Increase font size
Topic Title: So lucky
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/22/2005 09:21 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/22/2005 09:21 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zincschumacher

Well, as most of us know, buying the BF2 can participate in the Lucky Draw.
There are totally 30 prizes.
10x BF2 Specified KB,
10x XFX GF6600 GT,
and
10x Luxury Version of BF2 in DVD.

I have got a Luxury DVD version of BF2 in the Lucky Draw...
later, I will post the pic..

Well, sorry I am very late to post the photo here.

Here is the link:

BF2 DVD Deluxe' ">http://zinc_schumacher.sinatown.com/bf2_deluxe.zip

-------------------------

------Zinc Schumacher------
 07/22/2005 10:33 AM

Author Icon
Atomic Punk

QUOTE(zincschumacher @ Jul 22 2005, 05:21 AM)Well, as most of us know, buying the BF2 can participate in the Lucky Draw.
There are totally 30 prizes.
10x BF2 Specified KB,
10x XFX GF6600 GT,
and
10x Luxury Version of BF2 in DVD.

I have got a Luxury DVD version of BF2 in the Lucky Draw...
later, I will post the pic..
[right][snapback]465433[/snapback][/right]

Hey my parents are going to HK for vacation later this year. What and where are the good computer stores? How are them prices there? Any good deals like in the US?
Looking to get 1GB DDR400 memory (Corsair Value Select) and possibly a ATI/Sapphire Radeon 9800 Atlantis PRO vid card. Can you look around for me?
Can't get much info the net.
Thanx!

System 1
Athlon 64 3400+ *1 GB Mushkin Green Line DDR400 * Asus K8V-SE Deluxe * Maxtor DiamondMax 9 40GB 8MB Cache* eVGA GeForce 6600GT * Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS * Antec True Power 430W * Sony CRX320A DVD/CD-RW * Acer 17" LCD AL1915

System 2
Sempron 3100+ Palermo 90nm * 512MB Kingston Value Ram * MSI
 07/22/2005 10:51 AM

Author Icon
Gallian

Some good stores are Newegg, Zipzoomfly, Monarchcomputer, tigerdirect, mwave.

Heres the corsair valueselect RAM: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/...etai...80098-21&ps=ho1' ">http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/...ctCode=80098-21&ps=ho1

and the video card: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/...etai...ductCode=320811' ">http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/...jsp?ProductCode=320811

{DFI Lanparty SLI DR}{3000+Venice 1.8}{Sapphire Radeon X800 256MB 256 Bit GDDR3 PCI Express}{FSP Group (Fortron Source) ATX 12V 500 Watt Power Supply}{OCZ Enhanced Latency Series Gold Edition 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 500 (PC 4000) AT 2-3-3-8}

Dodge Ball: "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball"-Patches O’Houlihan.

"The guilty party is the one who provokes." Zinedine Zidane"
 07/22/2005 02:35 PM

Author Icon
zincschumacher

QUOTE(Atomic Punk @ Jul 22 2005, 06:33 AM)Hey my parents are going to HK for vacation later this year. What and where are the good computer stores?  How are them prices there?  Any good deals like in the US?
Looking to get 1GB DDR400 memory (Corsair Value Select) and possibly a ATI/Sapphire Radeon 9800 Atlantis PRO vid card.  Can you look around for me?
Can't get much info the net.
Thanx!
[right][snapback]465476[/snapback][/right]

Yea..I would recommend online shopping...
You know, when computer parts are imported to HK, there is transportation fee, plus some taxes...the price will surely higher than that you buy in your Own country.

Well, in HK, the popular DIY computer place is in a shopping centre called Golden.
But the environment surround it is not so good (Transportation is convinent.).
Nearly all the computer things can be bought. But in the Centre, one of the floor is greatly dominated by a single shop. Another floor is dominated by another one....
These two called "Centralfield" and "VideoCom".
Both of them selling computer parts, but they all have some extra "plans" for customer to choose.
For me, I visit VideoCom, the price is cheaper and we can even bargain for discount. My current set up was built there (all config is assigned by me).
One tips....if you want a Pair of RAM in order to get best Dual Channel. You must tell them to give you "A Pair of RAM" rather than 2 sticks of RAM, or eles they will just give you two stick of non-paired RAM.....My current set up is suffering from this....

07/22/2005 02:38 PM

Author Icon
zincschumacher

QUOTE(Gallian @ Jul 22 2005, 06:51 AM)Some good stores are Newegg, Zipzoomfly, Monarchcomputer, tigerdirect, mwave.
Heres the corsair valueselect RAM: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/...etai...80098-21&ps=ho1' ">http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/...ctCode=80098-21&ps=ho1

and the video card: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/...etai...ductCode=320811' ">http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/...jsp?ProductCode=320811
[right][snapback]465488[/snapback][/right]

yea, besides, HK is too small to use "online stores".

But I think it is difficult to find 9800 series now.
People just sold most with a bottom price (in order to make some space for the newer cards...)

07/22/2005 04:00 PM

Author Icon
Atomic Punk

Thanx to both for suggestions/tips.
I'm well aware of those on-line stores and are no doubt excellent ones, especially Newegg.

But since i'm overseas, many if not most will not cater to the international market. Newegg doesn't even bother to respond when i ask if they would sell to me. They are doing themselves a disservice really. They have alot to gain.

Well other than the more recommended and popular sites, there isn't many options.
Tigerdirect just doesn't appeal to me price wise (i.e. memory) despite their good (above average) selection. In fact i built my first system from them, mostly.
Taxes, shipping, duties killed everything though.

Well i''ll just forego it this time around taking my 2 sticks of Kingston 256MB as long and as far as it'll take me. /sad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='sad.gif' /> Thanx anyways. Besides my parents aren't computer literate anyways. /laugh.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='laugh.gif' />

Just curious but how much would either a stick of 1GB or 2 of 512MB say Corsair VS, or any other good name brand for that matter, cost in US dollars there?

So what's the CPU flavor there, Intel or AMD? I say the former.

System 1
Athlon 64 3400+ *1 GB Mushkin Green Line DDR400 * Asus K8V-SE Deluxe * Maxtor DiamondMax 9 40GB 8MB Cache* eVGA GeForce 6600GT * Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS * Antec True Power 430W * Sony CRX320A DVD/CD-RW * Acer 17" LCD AL1915

System 2
 07/23/2005 12:24 PM

Author Icon
zincschumacher

QUOTE(Atomic Punk @ Jul 22 2005, 12:00 PM)Thanx to both for suggestions/tips.
I'm well aware of those on-line stores and are no doubt excellent ones, especially Newegg. 

But since i'm overseas, many if not most will not cater to the international market.  Newegg doesn't even bother to respond when i ask if they would sell to me.  They are doing themselves a disservice really.  They have alot to gain.

Well other than the more recommended and popular sites, there isn't many options.
Tigerdirect just doesn't appeal to me price wise (i.e. memory) despite their good (above average) selection.  In fact i built my first system from them, mostly.
Taxes, shipping, duties killed everything though.

Well i''ll just forego it this time around taking my 2 sticks of Kingston 256MB as long and as far as it'll take me.  /sad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='sad.gif' /> Thanx anyways.  Besides my parents aren't computer literate anyways.  /laugh.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='laugh.gif' />

Just curious but how much would either a stick of 1GB or 2 of 512MB say Corsair VS, or any other good name brand for that matter, cost in US dollars there?

So what's the CPU flavor there, Intel or AMD?  I say the former.
[right][snapback]465812[/snapback][/right]

It is difficult to Check price in USD in HK, we used to spend HKD.
I am focusing on a Paired 2x512 MB VS RAM called VS1GBKIT400 manufactured by Corsair in order to enjoy BF2...
The most famous brand here is Samsung and Kingston...
but I prefer Corsair more. PDP (Patriot) is new in HK....and the OCZ....I want it, but I cannot afford a voltage booster to suppor the voltage needed by either Gold VX or PE...OCZ is the newest in HK, most people do not use them or even don't know that name.

I just visited "Golden" today...

07/25/2005 11:49 AM

Author Icon
Atomic Punk

QUOTE(zincschumacher @ Jul 23 2005, 08:24 AM)It is difficult to Check price in USD in HK, we used to spend HKD.
I am focusing on a Paired 2x512 MB VS RAM called VS1GBKIT400 manufactured by Corsair in order to enjoy BF2...
The most famous brand here is Samsung and Kingston...
but I prefer Corsair more. PDP (Patriot) is new in HK....and the OCZ....I want it, but I cannot afford a voltage booster to suppor the voltage needed by either Gold VX or PE...OCZ is the newest in HK, most people do not use them or even don't know that name.

I just visited "Golden" today...
[right][snapback]466382[/snapback][/right]

Is Golden a chain retailer all over HK (suburbs) or mainly on the main island ?

I hear many here like Corsair a lot but what makes this ram different than say Kingston? Is it the lower latency (2.5) vs 3.0 and better overclocking results?

PDP Patriot, now there's one to look into in terms of value. I've heard they're pretty stable and reliable, which is most imprtant to me. I don't know about their overclocking potentials but i'm not getting into that at least not yet.
In fact, i saw one stick 1GB DDR400 (Signature line) for $89.99 at outpost.com, one of the few places that accepts foreign orders.

My question have you ever tired mixing two different brand memory and if so, how stable is it, granted of couse they're the same type and latency.

System 1

System 2
 07/25/2005 12:42 PM

Author Icon
Prodigy

Any pcitures yet? /tongue.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='tongue.gif' />

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego, XP-90C with TT Silent Cat Fan
1GB(2x512MB) Mushkin Redline XP4000
DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D, Emprex 16x Dual-Layer DVD Burner
250GB Western Digital SATA2 16MB Cache HDD
120GB Western Digital ATA inside Vantec Nexstar 3 Enclosure
Tagan 480-U22 PSU, X850XT PE, Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition
 07/26/2005 08:42 AM

Author Icon
zincschumacher

Yes...I just got it today.
I have some poor pic...by my Mobile phone...also, EA HK office video...
I took it when I was waiting the pretty OL to give me the Deluxe version.

Yea,...here are some early info of it...
it is a metal box....printed as First Aid Kit. (For general use)

Later...I will post the pic...in a new thread.

09/25/2005 02:11 PM

Author Icon
zincschumacher

Well, sorry I am very late to post the photo here.

Here is the link:

BF2 DVD Deluxe' ">http://zinc_schumacher.sinatown.com/bf2_deluxe.zip

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information