Increase font size
Topic Title: oblivion save
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/24/2006 05:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/24/2006 05:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Vizzue

I had to reformat my hard drive, so first I backed up all of my oblivion data and saves. I reinstall, replace the new program files folder with the old one I backed up, and put my save in the proper place. However, when I try to load, I receive one of those "Would you like to send an error report?" erros, and the game crashes to my desktop. Is there any way to use my save, or do I have to just start over?

-------------------------
My rig:
AMD 4000+ X2--Radeon X1900xt--74gb Raptor--120gb data drive--DVD burner--DVD-ROM--some gigabyte mobo--Cooler Master Praetorian case--Aquagate Mini HSF--and some other stuff...
 10/26/2006 12:15 AM

Author Icon
axy1985
Ninja Zombie Killer

if i'm right, it saves the things into "My Games" in your "My Documents". is it there were you stored them? have you tried running the game WITHOUT having those saved files there and not crash?
i've done it several times, and have had zero problems when placing the files there.... did you change your user name on this new install?

AMD Athlon II X2 440 @ 2.7 GHz (Sempron unlocked)
2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24 AMD Black Edition
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H 890GX
MSI nVidia GTX460 1GB Hawk
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
Antec TruePower New 650W
 10/26/2006 01:12 AM

Author Icon
The Grim Reaper

quote:

Originally posted by: Vizzue
I had to reformat my hard drive, so first I backed up all of my oblivion data and saves.

Does that mean that you backed up the Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder then you just replaced it ? If that's the case then you should delete it and install off the disc the crashing might be because you just replaced the folder.

Your soul shall be mine ....
 10/26/2006 04:41 PM

Author Icon
Vizzue

I replaced the folder, so I got all the old mods and stuff, to remove incompatibility, since it didn't work on a fresh install either. I have it in the right folder too. My saved games show up, but I just can't play them, Oblivion crashes.

And yes, it works with a new game.

My rig:
AMD 4000+ X2--Radeon X1900xt--74gb Raptor--120gb data drive--DVD burner--DVD-ROM--some gigabyte mobo--Cooler Master Praetorian case--Aquagate Mini HSF--and some other stuff...
 10/26/2006 05:25 PM

Author Icon
Spengo

quote:

Originally posted by: Vizzue
I replaced the folder, so I got all the old mods and stuff, to remove incompatibility, since it didn't work on a fresh install either. I have it in the right folder too. My saved games show up, but I just can't play them, Oblivion crashes.

And yes, it works with a new game.

Have you tryed - playing a new game - saving the new game and then loading your old saves? worked for me with Rome TW - maybe try a new install of Oblivion?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
 10/26/2006 06:05 PM

Author Icon
Vizzue

Well I tried some older saves, and they worked fine. Lost some progress, but at least it works. I didn't lose all that much either, so I guess it's all good.

My rig:
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information