AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Pirates of the Caribbean...?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/25/2006 10:20 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/25/2006 10:20 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Atomic Punk

Has anyone played ths game?

I came dangerously close to clicking the confirm order button until I read the many reviews of it being buggy as [content edited]. Buggy as in REAL B-A-D.
Initially i was swayed by the impressive graphics (better than Sid Meier's Pirates which i haven't played btw). The seas have the same visual aestethic appeal as Far Cry's.

Bethesda, the same publisher for Morrowmind, had to up the ante when Disney acquired the rigths to this game in conjunction with the Johhny Depp Movie of the same title.
This was supposedly the sequel to Sea Dogs, but apparently Disney just couldn't resist and rushed to cash in immediatley leaving the game woefully untested.

After spending tons of hours of bleeding my eyes looking for info on patches, without any luck, can anyone say definintively that this game runs fine, PATCHED? I only seem to read marginally or so.
It seems the company itself does not take resposiblity for releasing patches.

BTW, is it true Bethesda is gonna be Re-releasing this game THIS coming June under:
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Straw?

I'm taking a break from the usual FPS games and will focus on more "older" adventure/RPGs that has become more affordable in my price range (<$19.99). FEAR, HL2, BF2, COD2, Quake 4 are just too expensive and my current GPU won't be able to handle it satisfactory.

-------------------------

System 1
Athlon 64 3400+ *1 GB Mushkin Green Line DDR400 * Asus K8V-SE Deluxe * Maxtor DiamondMax 9 40GB 8MB Cache* eVGA GeForce 6600GT * Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS * Antec True Power 430W * Sony CRX320A DVD/CD-RW * Acer 17" LCD AL1915

System 2
Sempron 3100+ Palermo 90nm * 512MB Kingston Value Ram * MSI
 04/25/2006 11:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Prelude76

I haven't played Pirates of Caribbean yet, but if you're looking to get into amazing pirate-like game, definately consider Sid Meier's Pirates, but also Port Royale 2. PR2 is a lot more involved, a lot of micro-managing (if that's your thing) and intense sea battles. Pirates is more eye candy, story-line driven and fun, but PR2 still has a special place on my game shelf.

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information