Increase font size
Topic Title: X3 reunion - FPS issue
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/15/2006 07:57 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/15/2006 07:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Andy-M

I recently joined a forum for X3 reunion (I loved X2 the threat)

It would appear that many people in the X3 forum have FPS issues. Now I know for a fact that the problem has nothing to do with the capabilities of graphics cards. I'm using a NX7800GT (256MB) and there is no change in performance between low & medium settings. Many others have confirmed this.

The low FPS only happens in sectors with loads of asteroids. So as not to spoil, the game for anyone who hasn't completed it, I will only tell you that sector Ore Belt suffers from this problem drasticly.

It would appear that the game is excessively hard on the CPU and everyone experiencing FPS issues is finding that their CPU is running at 100%. Using my Athlon 64 3500+ Venice, I get about 12-15fps. Another member with an Athlon 64 3000+ (Unknown core) is getting 9fps in the same sector. There are people with 4gig memmory that get no more FPS than before they had 4gig, so it would seem to be a CPU thing.

What I am hopeing by starting this thread is that there is another AMD forum member who has a dual core machine and that plays X3 reunion. I would like top know what FPS you are getting in the Ore Belt sector & what CPU you are using along with your game quality settings.

This thread isn't an effort to address the low FPS issues as this will require Egosoft's input. I merely wish to ascertain exactly what CPU will achieve at least 30fps in the Ore Belt sector. We then may have a case to go back to Egosoft and ask them to either reduce the CPU load, or give us all free dual core CPU's so we can play it ! ! ! !

As an afterthought, anyone playing X3 reunion on a 64bit O/S ? with or without dual core ?

-------------------------

HAPPY PHENOM USER ! ! !!!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information