Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD64 laptop with a decent Nvidia card
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/17/2006 03:25 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/17/2006 03:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ravalox

Okay, so my laptop died. It's given me three whole years of faithful service, I can't begrudge that. But this leaves me looking for a replacement, as I am a linux user I would like to get an athlon64 laptop. All the models I can find have either low-end nvidia cards or high-end nvidia cards. I want to get an athlon64 laptop with a Geforce 6600 Go, all I can find in the medium range are Radeon cards, the X__ series of the radeon cards have poor linux support so they really aren't an option for me. I've been running linux for years now and find that there isn't a barrier to running linux on your laptop, so I don't feel there is anything particularly exacting about my demands. Just an AMD64 laptop with a 6600 video card(middle of the 3d road). Anyone know of a solution that is out or coming in the future to aid me?
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information