Increase font size
Topic Title: HL2 Bugs
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/13/2006 08:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/13/2006 08:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Linux Ninja

its annoying when a character in the game all of a sudden says - "come on, come on, i will take you somewhere so you can progress through this game"

and then he completely freezes.

is there a command to unfreeze this [content edited]?

its the character in the lighthouse (chapter 8) - he freezes, so i cannot progress..

i have tried ai_disable 0 then making it true again.

help, please

thanks, 324
 03/13/2006 09:10 PM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

There is a command that rebuild AI paths:
ai_norebuildgraph;
set it to 0
ai_norebuildgraph 0
(in autoexec.cfg).
This will cause the pathnodes to be rebuild at each map start.

-------------------------

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
 03/14/2006 08:10 PM

Author Icon
Linux Ninja

thanks overmind however, that did not solve the problem. i have tried enabling it and disabling it when in the game and nothing budges the guy. also, i have tried it with AI on and off.

its quite annoying in all fairness
 03/15/2006 10:02 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

Then it's a deeper problem (internal; not AI-only).
You shoud report it; maybe they'll solve this with a patch or something.

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
 03/15/2006 07:04 PM

Author Icon
Linux Ninja

hmmm. well, i was thinking. The last time this happened was when you meet up with than crazy guy when you come down from the conveyor belt (type thing). however, i bypassed this by just continuing to run to where we should have gone (had he not froze) and the game continued. However, the problem is i need the BUGGY which is locked in the shed place. now, if there was a cheat to turn "clipping" off that would be good lol. i tried one but it did not work!

anyone...
 03/21/2006 03:08 AM

Author Icon
Pilot

If you are talking about the person that is in the Lighthouse AFTER you destroy the Gunship, you should probably just run down to the area near the keypad and turn No-Clipping on for a second, get to the other side, and progress. It should let you move on to the next chapter - which is also my favorite.

Pilot
AMD 64 3000 @ 2.0GHz || Running Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate
Apple iBook G4 1.42GHz (PPC Core) || Running Apple OSX Tiger
 03/21/2006 09:27 AM

Author Icon
LionHeart

quote:

Originally posted by: Unknown hmmm. well, i was thinking. The last time this happened was when you meet up with than crazy guy when you come down from the conveyor belt (type thing). however, i bypassed this by just continuing to run to where we should have gone (had he not froze) and the game continued. However, the problem is i need the BUGGY which is locked in the shed place. now, if there was a cheat to turn "clipping" off that would be good lol. i tried one but it did not work!

That buggy stays locked up regardless of your freeze or not. Your done with it in the game now. You can actually jump down to the side of that cliff, you have to catch that tree on your way down and it will knock you to the side of the cliff. Speedjump from near the lighthouse gaurdrail. It's a pian in the [content edited] but it can be done if the guy doesn't open the passage for you. I did it after several tries.

Have you tried replaying that whole scene from the beginning when the drop ships come? There are two guys who make it to the lighthouse, one will open the door and the other will just stand there. What happened to me is the guy who was supposed to open the door got killed and I didn't know it. So I was like wtf, the other guy just stood there and did nothing. That's how I found out how to jump down the side of the cliff. I did go back and replay that scene later on, protected that guy and viola he opens door and everything was fine. Make sure you kill all the combine soldiers off before you go up the lighthouse to kill the gun ship otherwise the guy you need will get killed.

Opteron 165@2709Mhz 1.424v <> DFI nF4 Ultra-D <> EVGA 7900GT CO SuperClocked <> 2GB G.Skill DDR500 {Black}
 03/21/2006 05:55 PM

Author Icon
Linux Ninja

thankyou LionH - going to try that out in a few mins!! ill report back!
 03/22/2006 05:51 AM

Author Icon
Linux Ninja

i done it via another method. i used the sv_gravity cheat and landed on that ground. anyway, i wouldnt have known about that little section had you not said anything lionH. thanks man!!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information