Increase font size
Topic Title: Severe Warcraft 3 Restarting Problems =/ + PICTURES
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/24/2007 09:12 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/24/2007 09:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
aznblood

ok, so i upgraded my video card from some crappy 64mb 1 to the RADEON 9600 PRO. and now everytime i play warcraft 3. (only wc3. cs, doom, fear works great) My comp just RESTARTS without warning like someone pressed the restart button and usually when my comp is started, a error comes up and shows up like this.

I've tried freeing up space, reinstalling wc3, tried to update video card (even though there are no updates, i think) and still no luck. what do i do?
 02/26/2007 01:50 PM

Author Icon
Camthrax

when you say updating the video card, do you mean the driver's? and if so, how were you updating them?

-------------------------

Work requires research. thus, the Camthraxinator has returned.
AYB Proof that all your base are belong to Queen.

Proud Owner of a bass that's pickups are worth more than the bass itself.
 02/26/2007 03:57 PM

Author Icon
TLH

List your full system spec with any overclocking etc,etc.

Warcraft III does not like heavy overclocks so if you have one on knock it back to stock first and see if that fixes things.

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

1100t on M5A99x-EVO with 2x4gb and 6870 running Win7 on Force120 ssd in Corsair 600t cooled by H100. Folding for team 34106
 03/01/2007 08:30 PM

Author Icon
aznblood

quote:

Originally posted by: Camthrax
when you say updating the video card, do you mean the driver's? and if so, how were you updating them?

well i just downloaded the driver update and clicked install. cept it just reinstalls everything. soo, its not really useful

quote:

Originally posted by: TLH
List your full system spec with any overclocking etc,etc.

Warcraft III does not like heavy overclocks so if you have one on knock it back to stock first and see if that fixes things.

overclocking? what is overclocking? btw my system is Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 1.60GHZ
160 GHZ, 512MB of RAM. If this is what u mean... sorry, im really new to this computer stuff. i just play
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information