Increase font size
Topic Title: Need for speed:carbon--own the city review
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/19/2007 03:05 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/19/2007 03:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
k2aka111

Graphics 5/5

The PSP puts out more than I thought it would have. The graphics for NFS:C on here was really unexpected. There weren't all that many graphic bugs, only in one part of the city. When you get into open roads where you can see far, the graphics in this game are stunning, but most of the in city graphics are poor. What do you expect for a hand held, Oblivion? But the FPS is VERY high.

Gameplay 4/5

It is basically the same as all the other NFS's from underground 2 and up. It is free roam, and it is fun just to drive around. Unlike underground 2, you can get chased by cops. That is one of my favorite parts seeing as how Hop pursuit 2 was my favorite game in the series. There is an art to getting away from the cops, but it is worth your time to learn, lots of money involved. Racing is almost the same as in the other games, so if your a a fan of the series this wont be a problem. The "wingmen" in the game are just as every other review says, just an addition. It makes it easier in some races, but you get use to having them around. That is a problem when you have to race without them. The game comes with 10 cars to customize and there are almost as many ways to customize it as in underground 2.

Story line 4/5

The story line for Carbon is very interesting, but you have to play a lot at once to get it. It can get confusing if you haven't picked up the game in a while. The first cut scene is you in a grave yard at your brother grave. The story line is based that you spent six months in the hospitable after a set up that killed your brother. You spend the entire game tracking down who did this, it can get very interesting at points. The first cut scene is you in a grave yard at your brother grave.

Features

This isn't really rated, but i thought this was kinda sweet. The game comes with visualizer to listen to music with and also give you the ability to add and remove tracks, of course the music has to already be on your PSP. As I am typing this i am looking at the thing right now. The visualizer is very blocky, makes sense when you think about what the PSP can do.

OVERALL4/5

Own the city was more of a story line game instead of a racing, you just have to race to get to the sotry line. you get to the cut scenes quickly, the races aren't that hard. for the game to be fully enjoyable you have to play alot of races at once, not something here and there, the story line gets tricky. This is a game you have to have if you own a PSP.

-------------------------
Selling Asus M2N32-SLI deluxe & X2 4200+. PM me if interested
 01/19/2007 11:57 PM

Author Icon
TridenT_Boy3555

quote:

Originally posted by: k2aka111
Graphics 5/5

The PSP puts out more than I thought it would have. The graphics for NFS:C on here was really unexpected. There weren't all that many graphic bugs, only in one part of the city. When you get into open roads where you can see far, the graphics in this game are stunning, but most of the in city graphics are poor. What do you expect for a hand held, Oblivion? But the FPS is VERY high.

Did you play the PC version yet? The PC version is more graphically intense so to say, but it didn't impress me enough

My signature is environmentally friendly. Is yours?
 01/20/2007 12:22 PM

Author Icon
k2aka111

quote:

Originally posted by: TridenT_Boy3555
Did you play the PC version yet? The PC version is more graphically intense so to say, but it didn't impress me enough

you do understand that the PSP has 4mb of video ram and a 133mhz CPU? and the does have good graphics, even for PC standerds.
Why is that such a big deal to you? I right a review on a game I liked alot, a good game, then you have to comment something like that. How would you its even a good game if you haven't played it? yes I have played NFS:carbon and I beat both of them. They are entirely different games, but you would know that if you read the ENTIRE review.

Selling Asus M2N32-SLI deluxe & X2 4200+. PM me if interested
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information