Increase font size
Topic Title: Woop, woop....
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/25/2004 08:50 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/25/2004 08:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Pilot

Within a month (more specifically Sunday, March 14th) I'll have Folding going as a service on my old PC that I'm giving to my mom. That means I could probably set up folding on both my aunt's PC (she's getting my mom's old one) folding as well!

So we'd have an Athlon 1100 and an 1800+ (1.53) joining the ranks! I'll get into that top 20 yet!

Can anyone point me to instructions for setting it up as a service?

-------------------------
Pilot
AMD 64 3000 @ 2.0GHz || Running Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate
Apple iBook G4 1.42GHz (PPC Core) || Running Apple OSX Tiger
 02/25/2004 09:01 AM

Author Icon
Ardrid
Heavy Wizardry

Yeah, I can help you out with that. You're going to need to d/l FireDaemon' ">http://www.firedaemon.com/. Once you run it you'll create a new service. There are a number of parameters that you'll need to set and I'll be able to give you explicit directions about that next week when I'm at home with the program in front of me.

Edit: Actually, I should be able to list what you need to know right now. First off, you're going to need the console version. Start up FD and create a new service. You can name it whatever you want obviously and you know what the working directory would be. Don't check the console application box off. It's not necessary. Now, as far as the parameters go, you'll need the usual stuff (-forceSSE, etc.) and you'll also need another special flag, the -service flag. This will ensure that F@H keeps running if the user logs off or switches names.

In the advanced section you want to change the job type to local. This ensures that the core is not linked to the console executable and thus allows the two to be separate entities. This is key when shutting down or restarting because the core won't shutdown correctly if it's linked to the console. I'll double check this for you because I may actually have it set to no job. After that, hit install and you're good to go.

Intel Core i7 860
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
Corsair HX650W
Corsair XMS DDR3-1333 (4GB @ 8-8-8-24)
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870
Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
 02/25/2004 10:04 AM

Author Icon
Pilot

Cool. Eagerly waiting, I'll set it up as a service on my machine now.

Pilot
AMD 64 3000 @ 2.0GHz || Running Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate
Apple iBook G4 1.42GHz (PPC Core) || Running Apple OSX Tiger
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information