Increase font size
Topic Title: f@h crashes after work unit finishes
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/13/2005 11:06 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/13/2005 11:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Sunset1

Ever since I used the patch to enable SSE, ( It must work because of the speed increase) F@H will put up a crash dialog box but still be running until I (send info to microsoft or not). Then F@H closes and will finish work unit until completion. I have been getting 1000 page work units and each one has same issue.

Oh and is there a simple test to tell if SSE or SSE2 is enabled? Not just the text in the log.

Thanks,
Sunset1

-------------------------
[FONT=Courier][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue][QUOTE]
"Moores Law says the computing power will double in speed every 18 months but Murphy's Law says the chip won't fit your motherboard and you will need a upgrade." Sunset1
 10/14/2005 07:09 AM

Author Icon
TLH

What version of Folding are you running?The GUI has a known issue of crashing after it has sent and received work when it's left open.
Have a look in your log for a line like this "[00:17:31] Extra SSE boost OK." to check SSE.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

1100t on M5A99x-EVO with 2x4gb and 6870 running Win7 on Force120 ssd in Corsair 600t cooled by H100. Folding for team 34106
 10/14/2005 11:58 AM

Author Icon
Sunset1

QUOTE(TLH @ Oct 14 2005, 06:09 AM)What version of Folding are you running?The GUI has a known issue of crashing after it has sent and received work when it's left open.
Have a look in your log for a line like this "[00:17:31] Extra SSE boost OK." to check SSE.
[right][snapback]523258[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the info. Since I am running duals on one box I will probably go to the command line interface.

I thought there was a small command or script that I could type to test for SSE.
I Saw SSE working but then it seems to have stopped.

I will use the forceasm or ( the other command) when I use the non gui version.
Sunset1

If a moderator see's the other post I listed last night feel free to move or remove.
I had some of the log pasted in that post. But now I seem to have lost my place. /blush.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='blush.gif' />
Thanks.

[FONT=Courier][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue][QUOTE]
"Moores Law says the computing power will double in speed every 18 months but Murphy's Law says the chip won't fit your motherboard and you will need a upgrade." Sunset1
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information