Increase font size
Topic Title: Greetings
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/17/2006 12:22 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/17/2006 12:22 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
NeoGen

I'm a fellow cruncher from another AMD devoted team, AMD Users.

I was wondering... do you guys *only* crunch Folding@Home?

It's exactly the project where my team is having a skirmish on, against a much stronger team, Phoenix Rising. We're getting whacked day after day, but it's funny.
(if anyone would like to help us, please go ahead)

-------------------------
 08/17/2006 08:07 AM

Author Icon
vsingh
Voodoo Programmer

Yeah that's all we crunch. Although i think crzyGreek would wanna start a seti team
 08/17/2006 02:34 PM

Author Icon
Logan[TeamX]

I'm thinking of taxing my new work laptop with CPDN, but yeah at home all I do (6+ machines right now) is F@H.

Seeing as you're all nice, loyal AMD users... you guys wouldn't mind coming over and supporting the corporate team, would you?
 08/18/2006 04:56 AM

Author Icon
NeoGen

We find difficult to get people to crunch on non-boinc projects these days. That's why we're getting clobbered at F@H on our skirmish with Phoenix Rising. (pity that F@H never got the boinc client running...)
There's at least one or two fellows from Phoenix Rising that are running on our side just to try and ballance the race a bit.

You guys also better watch out, Phoenix Rising isn't too far away from you, and they're developing a taste for stomping AMD teams (at our expense...)

08/18/2006 12:11 PM

Author Icon
srg86

quote:

Originally posted by: NeoGen
We find difficult to get people to crunch on non-boinc projects these days. That's why we're getting clobbered at F@H on our skirmish with Phoenix Rising. (pity that F@H never got the boinc client running...)
There's at least one or two fellows from Phoenix Rising that are running on our side just to try and ballance the race a bit.

You guys also better watch out, Phoenix Rising isn't too far away from you, and they're developing a taste for stomping AMD teams (at our expense...)

hmm, maybe I should get my dual cores back in on the action he he I havn't folded for a little while to save power hmmmm

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (Manchester) 2.2GHz, DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D, 1GB Corsair XMS DDR400 Dual Channel, 80GB WD Caviar SE SATA, 80GB Maxtor DiamondMax 9 SATA, NEC 4550A, Radeon X800GTO 128MB DDR, M-Audio Audiophile 2496, Tagan TG480-U01.

Commodore Amiga 1200, MC68060 50MHz CPU (FPU Built in), 2MB Chip RAM, 16MB Fast RAM, AGA Graphics Chipset, 20GB IBM Travelstar 40GN, Kickstart 3.1 ROM, Workbench 3.1
 08/30/2006 06:23 PM

Author Icon
thecrzyGreek

quote:

Originally posted by: vsingh
Yeah that's all we crunch. Although i think crzyGreek would wanna start a seti team

Not so much SETI. But theres another project which I think is even more important than folding. Climateprediction.net

I'm still folding for you all with my Sempron @ 2ghz, Celeron @ 2.8ghz and Celeron @ 2.66ghz, while my A64 runs SETI and my Athlon XP 3200 does climateprediction.net
I may switch another machine over to climateprediction.net

"We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to set sail for the stars." - Carl Sagan
"As long as there have been humans we have searched for our place in the cosmos. Where are we? Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than there are people. We make our world significant by the courage of our
 08/30/2006 07:34 PM

Author Icon
vsingh
Voodoo Programmer

weren't you having lots of stability problems with climateprediction?

awww it doesn't support smp. the work units are REALLY big though and having this to support smp would make a lot of sense

i might try this once an smp-enabled version comes out.
 08/30/2006 09:23 PM

Author Icon
thecrzyGreek

You dont even have a cluster server so whats the point in waiting for a SMP version?? The WUs take even longer now because they intregrated a sulfur cycle into them.

"We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to set sail for the stars." - Carl Sagan
"As long as there have been humans we have searched for our place in the cosmos. Where are we? Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than there are people. We make our world significant by the courage of our
 08/31/2006 06:55 AM

Author Icon
vsingh
Voodoo Programmer

I have a dual core cpu. And since the wu's are so big, spreading the work among multiple cores would make things go way faster
 08/31/2006 11:47 AM

Author Icon
Logan[TeamX]

They run one instance of CPDN via the BOINC client per logical or physical CPU/core. When I ran it briefly at home it loaded two instances, viewable in the BOINC manager.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information