Increase font size
Topic Title: Screensaver Lifesaver
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/22/2006 09:46 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/22/2006 09:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
thecrzyGreek

http://www.chem.ox.ac.uk/curecancer.html
Anyone heard of this before? Would it be worth it to donate a couple of my folding PCs to this project?

-------------------------
"We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to set sail for the stars." - Carl Sagan
"As long as there have been humans we have searched for our place in the cosmos. Where are we? Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than there are people. We make our world significant by the courage of our
 04/22/2006 03:45 PM

Author Icon
MadManOfQueens666

Thats pretty awesome!!
 04/22/2006 06:39 PM

Author Icon
Logan[TeamX]

I've got a team for that project, also known as UD and Grid.org.

Two major detriments - it's not SMT/SMP-friendly, and only one instance of the program can ever be installed / run at once. Also, they're really lax about server maintenance and workunit availability. We (the cancer-only crowd) went for over a MONTH without fresh work last year. It's because of their data server ineptitude that I left the project and took a (relative) lot of horsepower with me.

I'll go back if UD ever gets off their butt and fixes a client that's now over 4 years old and needs massive improvements.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information