Increase font size
Topic Title: WU 761
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/16/2006 05:09 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/16/2006 05:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
action man

am i the only one getting these low pointers all the time... both cores on my 4800+ have had 761 3 times in a row so far!

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?
 07/16/2006 05:40 PM

Author Icon
TLH

rofl.No your not.2 of my boxes pick them up regularly.I'm averaging about 130 ppd on them so they're not that bad for me.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

1100t on M5A99x-EVO with 2x4gb and 6870 running Win7 on Force120 ssd in Corsair 600t cooled by H100. Folding for team 34106
 07/16/2006 06:05 PM

Author Icon
action man

i average about 150ppd per core but im still fed up with them /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />
i want the big cores and im gonna sulk till i get them! /mellow.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":mellow:" border="0" alt="mellow.gif" />

Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?
 07/16/2006 06:36 PM

Author Icon
TLH

Theres some nice new 600 point Ribo's just arrived,about 6 of them.I'm still getting 53 and 56 point WU's alot so I wouldn't mind some bigger ones.I'm not gonna sulk about it though.Lifes to short.

1100t on M5A99x-EVO with 2x4gb and 6870 running Win7 on Force120 ssd in Corsair 600t cooled by H100. Folding for team 34106
 07/17/2006 03:02 AM

Author Icon
action man

lifes too short??? too short for what! its the longest thing any of us will ever do

07/17/2006 07:28 AM

Author Icon
TLH

rofl.If you want to sulk it away that's upto you.I'd like to see your face when you get p2124,p2125,p2108 and the like.They take ages to do.They're worth more points but my average on them is less.

07/17/2006 07:34 AM

Author Icon
action man

lol im just grumpy cos im averaging lower scores now with a 4800+ than i was before with my old 3200+ cos of these sodding low pointers /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />

dont worry im not really sulking

07/17/2006 07:53 AM

Author Icon
TLH

Yeah but you're working on two at the same time instead of one so that kinda makes up for it.

Just curious,do both cores progress at the same rate?

07/17/2006 07:58 AM

Author Icon
action man

quote:

Originally posted by: TLH
Yeah but you're working on two at the same time instead of one so that kinda makes up for it.

Just curious,do both cores progress at the same rate?

yea within a few percent of each other.. 1 core is lightly slower cos i guess its also having to do whatever im doing at the time as well

07/17/2006 11:19 AM

Author Icon
action man

ok they are officially taking the [content edited] now /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> both cores got 761 again.. thats the 4th time in a row!

07/17/2006 09:50 PM

Author Icon
thecrzyGreek

Do you have it set to recieve big WUs and did you enable the advmethods flag?

"We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to set sail for the stars." - Carl Sagan
"As long as there have been humans we have searched for our place in the cosmos. Where are we? Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than there are people. We make our world significant by the courage of our
 07/18/2006 03:11 AM

Author Icon
action man

quote:

Originally posted by: thecrzyGreek
Do you have it set to recieve big WUs and did you enable the advmethods flag?

yes and yes /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> im not a happy camper! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />

07/18/2006 03:44 PM

Author Icon
kccustom

You mean there are others besides 761's

General discussion on IRC @ irc.dynamix.com / #forums.amd.irc
 07/18/2006 06:52 PM

Author Icon
thecrzyGreek

Yes
I only got 2 761s in the works right now.

"We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to set sail for the stars." - Carl Sagan
"As long as there have been humans we have searched for our place in the cosmos. Where are we? Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than there are people. We make our world significant by the courage of our
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information