Folding doesn't have anything to do with making your PC faster, and as for doing it with the GPU, I think they are still developing that.
Folding in itself is erm...dang I always find it hard to explain this
Go to folding.stanford.edu and look at there explanation, it's pretty good.
But in general, your using your computer to find cures for certain cancers and certain diseases like alzheimers(I KNOW I didn't spell that right...)
It's good for using up extra CPU cycles...for instance if your on your computer and browsing the internet and listening to music heck well that's probably using like 20% CPU. Once you install the folding client, you can use the other 80% for folding. It uses whatevers available, no more, so you won't notice any slowdowns.
Get the text client, not the graphical one.
My GT430 Is Folding For AMD Team 34106FOR A GOOD CAUSE---Accepting Donations of New, Used, Working, Nonworking PC ComponentsThanks to KLEETUS for his generous donation of components!!