Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD 64 overcloak :O
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/15/2003 03:37 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/15/2003 03:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
::Philix::Transa::

I was able to do a little overclocking with this CPU. I think the CoolerMaster cooler was not quite up to the job, to be honest, as I found the system more stable when using a Sunon 80mm fan in place of the supplied one. As mentioned earlier, the retail CPUs you will see in on the shelf will be boxed with a higher-rated heatsink and fan than the one we're using today. With the Sunon fan installed and bearing in mind this CPU is one of only very few in the country and there is a queue of other people wanting to get their hands on it, I was only willing to take the CPU to 1.65v, .1v above default. There is no capacity for multiplier adjustment on this motherboard, but in this configuration we were able to get the CPU to run 3DMark2001SE at 215MHz FSB or 2365MHz core speed, producing a score of 20467 3DMark2001SE marks. This is a fairly typical result for a debut CPU and expect the overclocking headroom to expand as the yield goes up over time......................

-------------------------
My Webpage' ">http://www.geocities.com/fil_rios/forever
When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty, and there is nothing more to fear from them, then he is always stirring up some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader.
 12/16/2003 06:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
infiltrator
Linux Ninja

Hehe, I have a Zalman, and cooling don't really do much to your FPS, unless your videocard is absolutely TOO hot that it causes problems (which is generally not the case). I had a few sunon's before, but I would make them run at 12v instead of 5v. They would cool really well - but the machines were noisy! (which don't matter to me too much). My room would sound like the server room at work. I had 4 x 80mm sunon's at 12v in my rig alone. Then there was the ISDN dialer and the better half PC too.

If there was no sound - I could not sleep - it was too quiet

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information