Increase font size
Topic Title: Registering Athlon 64 FX for the Free Software
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/18/2003 10:23 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/18/2003 10:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dktchan

I'm one of the Chosen that went to the AMD Launch event and purchased the prize package.

When I enter my serial number from the processor, it refuses to accept it.

Any ideas?
 11/18/2003 10:30 PM

Author Icon
dktchan

err..nevermind...found this on another forum:

From hardforums.com

guys, like I've said before - That website isn't for us Area-64 winners. The only place where the serial number is on the HSF unit, which is not there on ours.

From what I've heard, once the software becomes available - they'll contact us directly regarding it.

It's not available yet, as you can see - so just be patient and I'm sure we'll hear something. If I don't hear anything in 2 weeks, I'll email the promotional manager @ AMD and find out the info.

11/18/2003 11:55 PM

Author Icon
Monolith

QUOTE (dktchan @ Nov 18 2003, 07:30 PM) err..nevermind...found this on another forum:

From hardforums.com

guys, like I've said before - That website isn't for us Area-64 winners. The only place where the serial number is on the HSF unit, which is not there on ours.

From what I've heard, once the software becomes available - they'll contact us directly regarding it.

It's not available yet, as you can see - so just be patient and I'm sure we'll hear something. If I don't hear anything in 2 weeks, I'll email the promotional manager @ AMD and find out the info.
Hey, thanks for that info... i just posted something similar in the general tech chat forum.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information