Increase font size
Topic Title: Need help upgrading
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/03/2010 06:51 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/03/2010 06:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ZX80FIRST

Hi everyone,long time since I have been on here but again I need to turn to your expertise.
I have a dell optiplex 740 enhanced,It has a 2.8ghz AMD K8 or AMD athlon 1640B,socket AM2(940).
Motherboard is nforce 410/430 mcp,geforce 6150,revision A2.
I have upgraded the graphics card already to a nvidia geforce 9600 1gb
The problem I have now Is that there are a few games that I have problems playing.
Games like batman/grid/cod mw2/the new battlefield bad company one all play great on medium to high settings.
Yet other games especially the new racing games need dualcore and so i am wanting to upgrade my cpu to a amd 6000x2 or a little lower,i really dont want to upgrade my power supply but after reading a few posts in here it looks like i will have to because the one thats in the computer now is the one that came with it,i think its a 240w and to make matters worse its a low profile one.
What do you guys think and when i upgrade the cpu do i just take the old one out and slot the new one in or is there more to it than that like thermal paste and what-not.
Thanks

Edited: 05/03/2010 at 07:09 AM by ZX80FIRST
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information