AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Upgrading from Athlon 64 x2 4200+
Topic Summary: 5600+ or new mobo/processor
Created On: 09/02/2010 11:55 PM
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
Answer This question was answered by Savagecam, on Friday, September 3, 2010 4:53 PM

Answer:
Yeah, that's what I started to figure out the more I looked around. I can get a 2.9 ghz 5600+ for about US$60, so I think I'll do that upgrade. But that will be it, and my next buy will be a new rig. Thanks.
 09/02/2010 11:55 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Savagecam
Lurker

Posts: 2
Joined: 09/02/2010

I'm looking at my approximately 4 year old PC and wondering what level of upgrade I should go for. I could still run games like Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins, etc., but it's chugging between turns late in games like Civ IV and Elemental: War of Magic. So my question is: How much am I going to gain jumping up to a 5600+? Or is it time to go for a full mobo/processor upgrade, or maybe a whole new computer to start upgrading. Thanks for the help.




System Specs:

Originally bought HP a6000n
HP a6000n Specs

Motherboard specs
M2N68-LA

Upgrades:
Power Supply - Thermaltake TR2-430w
Graphics card: EVGA GeForce 9800 GT
Ram: 3GB
 09/03/2010 02:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
unclefester1
Overclocker

Posts: 629
Joined: 11/29/2008

If you could OC a 5600 it might tide you over for a while, but with the pre-built system you are currently running that probably won't happen. Your money would be better spent by researching a new Build.

-------------------------
Antec 1650B
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 910w
ASUS M3A79-T DeLuxe
1090T x6 @Boiling in the La-Boratory
Corsair H70
OCZ Reaper 8500 2x2 *Pending
ASUS 5970 (under OC investigation)
EVGA 260 55nm (holding pattern)
SeaGate 320x2 16GB Sata
Creative X-Fi Elite Pro
Logitech Z-5500
XP Pro SP2
 09/03/2010 04:53 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Savagecam
Lurker

Posts: 2
Joined: 09/02/2010

Answer Answer
Yeah, that's what I started to figure out the more I looked around. I can get a 2.9 ghz 5600+ for about US$60, so I think I'll do that upgrade. But that will be it, and my next buy will be a new rig. Thanks.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.



Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information