Increase font size
Topic Title: amd athlon 64 x2 3800+ broken pin
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/01/2010 02:27 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/01/2010 02:27 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
angetomani
Lurker

Hi everyone, changing my old cpu heat-sink and fan I made a mistake and one pin was broken.
As far as I know is the c1 or the a3 (not sure about that and I don't feel like trying to find out :-s)
The question is that it is working :-) so.. with this little information could someone tell me if my computer will get on fire one of this days or it just keep on working... or mainly if there is something that I should avoid to do or to plug in the motherboard for instance..
Sorry for my bad English.

Any comment will be appreciated
 10/01/2010 02:56 PM

Author Icon
go_for
Alpha Geek

Not sure about the safety thing, so do not take my word for it.

To get some hint if anything has changed or going bad, you could try stress test the
computer with OCCT.Give it a couple of shorter rounds, monitor temp and stability.

If it endures, let it run longer periods. Let it do under supervision.

-------------------------
 10/02/2010 04:40 AM

Author Icon
angetomani
Lurker

Hi go_for thanks for the comments. I had run a couple of test and everything seems to work like a charm ¿?
I´m quite sure that the broken one is the C1. According to the AMD Functional Data Sheet, 939-Pin Package the C1 is relative to L0_REF0: Compensation Resistor to VSS(Whatever this means)
They say also :
These pins are used in an alternating fashion to compensate RTT by internal comparison to 3/4 VLDT and 1/4 VLDT and compensate RON by comparison to each other around 1/2 VLDT. For the proper resistor value, refer to the
AMD Athlontm 64 939 Motherboard Design Guide, order# 30474

As far as I Know (very little in deed) this is relative to voltage... and the OCCT test shows rights values.. so maybe the motherboard is helping with that

So I think I have had a lot of luck and this AMD-Beast will keep on working for a while.
Any comment will be appreciated anyway...
Thanks a lot.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information