Increase font size
Topic Title: Athlon64 3000+ Temp Problems
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/23/2003 09:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/23/2003 09:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Chrispy

Hello there:
I have been using my new AMD64 system for approximately a week now, and everything runs fine, except for one issue. The operating temperature of the CPU is abnormally high. I have seen and even built AMD64 systems before and never had operating temperatures like what i'm personally experiencing. Under idle/no load, the temperatures are at 50 degrees celcius. The fan is constantly spinning at around 5000RPM's which is also high (and loud!. The motherboard that I am using is the MSI K8T Neo FIS2R. And I am just using the AMD PIB Retail Heatsink/Fan combo included with my CPU. Now I am experiencing no instability, as of yet, but I am almost afraid to try and stress the CPU with a game. I have tried running synthetic benchmarks such as 3dMark, and upon completion, the fans are spinning much faster, and the CPU is hot. I have tried touching the heatsink and it is also very hot. The case is in no way blocked, and is built for maximum airflow.

If you can offer any advice, or perhaps my CPU is in some way faulty, please advise of what steps I can take to solve this issue. I would like to begin using my new CPU to it's full potential!

Thanks in advance.
Chris Martin

Hardware Summary:
AMD Athlon64 3000+ (NOT overclocked)
AMD PIB Retail Heatsink/Fan
MSI K8T Neo FIS2R Motherboard
1x Corsair 512MB DDR400 PRO Series.
ATI Radeon 9600XT
TB Santa Cruz Sound
1x WD 80GB 8MB
1x Lite-On 48x Combo Drive
1x Floppy Drive
Lian-Li PC65B Case
4 Auxillary Case Fans

-------------------------
CPU: AMD Athlon64 3500+ (S. 939)
MoBo: Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
RAM: 2x 512MB DDR400 OCZ Platinum EB
HDD: WD 120GB SATA, WD 160GB PATA
Optical: Lite-On 8x8 DVDRW
Video: 2x NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT
Sound: SoundBlaster Audigy2 ZS
Case: Lian-Li PC65B
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information